Mushroom tea!!!

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by lost in Earl Grey, Jan 27, 2019.

1. lost in Earl Grey

lost in Earl Grey Members

sooooo I love mushroom caps... don’t like the stems so much so I ground them up and I’ve been putting it into caps but I can’t take enough to actually trip. I heard that making a tea makes it a little stronger so I was wondering how to do (if you have to steep it for a long time) and how many grams u use. And if it is indeed stronger than just eating the mushrooms. Thanks friends

Make love

Pete1161 likes this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've never made a tea but i've always put them in a blender with a glass of oj. Works like a charm

soulcompromise likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

This just made me burst out laughing, remembering what happened to one of my college friends. (about 45 years ago)

The day before going to a party, he conned his mother into making some fairy cakes for him to take along. She seemed slightly confused, but finally agreed. Needless to say, he helped making the mixture and added a few flavorings.

The following day, he arrived home to find his mother rushing about in the kitchen baking more cakes. You can imagine his reaction when she told him that she had forgotten that she was helping with the pensioners lunch, so she had taken the cakes they baked last night and she was baking some new ones for his party.

The church hall never did work out why the pensioners who had arrived moaning groaning as usual, had ended up dancing and spinning their walking sticks over their heads after lunch.
    Even when at the following months lunch, several of the pensioners were asking his mother for some of her special cakes, she never tumbled about what had happened.

4. lost in Earl Grey

lost in Earl Grey Members

Oh my goodness maybe I can get my mom to take mushrooms with me if it’s in a tea!!
    She was going to... until she read about it and found out that mushrooms have spores........... I tried to explain that spores r seeds but for mushrooms and she just didn’t understand and hasn’t wanted to try them since

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I love mushrooms, but Jane always buys them from the supermarket. LOL

The flavoring spice in those cakes was ground cannabis resin.
    That lunch must have been hilarious. I remember the guys mother talking about 80 year old women dancing with their skirts hitched up and guys even older falling on top of them. I suppose that as with a baby, their muscles were so relaxed that no one broke any bones.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

what i used to do (circa 1997 lol) is grind up the caps and the stems in a device designed to grind walnuts and the like (though I'm sure other methods of grinding are just as good, or dicing for that matter) and mix them with something I like; for instance ice cream on several occasions. This works well. Simply weigh out (here I am assuming you have a scale of some sort) 1/8 of an ounce. Eat half of that; so, 1/16 oz, with your favorite ice cream. Voila!! :) Trippin balls a la mode!

lost in Earl Grey likes this.
  7. I'm here for OP's username

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

My experience is that it's less strong than eating them. I love mushroom tea though.

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Never had it in Tea form.
    Always ate 'em raw and washed it down with something flavorful like gatorade

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Personally I find tea to be a good (in lack of sickness and effects) but mild trip compared to eating them. If I eat them I deal with more sickness but the trip is a little more extreme. Like if you want the classic Terence Mckenna deep trip you need to deal with eating them. Maybe it has something to do with other chemicals in the mushroom? Kind of like weed it's not THC it's the whole plant that makes the experience so when you isolate THC it's not the same.

Psilcoybin is sensitive to heat so making a tea does destroy a small bit of it I think but not enough to ruin the trip if your mushrooms are well grown and potent.

When I make tea I heat the water to slightly uncomfortable to my finger. Like it's warm and I feel it but I can hold my finger in the water. I grind the mushrooms up and let them sit for 20 minutes. Add in a tea bag for flavor put the liquid through a strainer to catch all the mushroom dust. I grind up so fine I don't get it all but it does not bother me. Let it cool for few minutes and drink while still warm.

I start to feel effects in about half the time as eating.

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yeah, I also mix in a normal tea.. Usually Earl Grey, as it happens : )

12. Eric1976

Eric1976 Jedi Knight

I was going to ask about tea but it looks like things have been covered. I've never been a fan of upchucking after taking mushrooms. (The one time I did Peyote I thought I was gonna throw up my spleen lol).

13. Pete1161

Pete1161 Members

I only ever have them in tea, I use about 25 mushrooms and steep for 20 mins. Haven't had any for years, this thread is making me want them again.

14. SydUK70

SydUK70 Members

My understanding is that the heat from the tea does cause the mushrooms to lose a little of it's potency but there is still enough to get you stoned.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah I'm always living hard
    I'm always smoking weed
    Now I'm hanging out in Texas drinking mushroom tea
    And I wake up on the floor
    Yeah I think I know why
    Musta been some o dat Boone county moonshine
    Or an overdose of drugs
    An overdose of sin!

Meliai likes this.
  16. Allof7

Allof7 Members

The Lemon Tech is what I do,,,it doesnt increase the potency but it puts it all together and hits you sooner,,soak your shrooms in lemon juice for 20 mins and then drink it down,,,for any kind of actual tripping i am thinking from 3 grams at least

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm gonna live it to the fullest like I'm on 10

18. Allof7

Allof7 Members

T
    There is no way to make it more potent other than getting as fresh as possible,,,should not be stored in plastic bags,,,,Caps and stems some say different values of potency but also many say (me) that potency is the same,,,,,if you always remember at any time you can walk outta the Trip,,,

19. Allof7

Allof7 Members

Last reports of OverDoses from Weed or Mushrooms was when the Blue Unicorn walked down Main St.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I stopped where I did, cause I didn't know that part lol. i knew it had 10 in it, so when I sing I say like.. I'm gonna live life like im on 10
    lol :p but I just mumble through :p