Mushroom Honey

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Micro, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Micro

Micro Member

Back in the 1980's I read an article in High Times about preserving shrooms in honey. The honey turns blue(I think it's called Blue Honey), and it's suppose to last for a long time. They said you can put it on toast etc.,and trip.

Has anyone ever heard of or tried this? And if so does it work and how much and how long??? Any links?

2. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

you need to use fresh mushrooms. and it preserves it indefinately. becareful if you wait along time to use it though, because it can pick up and store badvibes.

3. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Get a jar and fill it about 3/4 full of honey, then whenever you have sum mush, put them in there and let it sit for like 2-3 weeks, after that, just stick your finger in and eat up.

4. Micro

Micro Member

I'm from the Gulf coast and there's lots of Psilocybe cubensis. I've always had luck in finding fresh shrooms. It's been awhile though.

So do they need to be cut up or just stick them in the honey whole?

So are we talking about 5+ mushrooms? And a spoonful of honey to trip?

5. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Im not 100% sure if you want dry or fresh for the honey, i would think dry though. But i would say just break em up a little then throw em in the honey, and you probably want like 3-5 grams in there.

6. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

When I used to make honey ( I prefer chocolates and capsules these days) I would take cracker dry mushrooms and grind them into a coarse powder in a coffee grinder.

Then fill a jar half way with powder and pour in honey until it fills the jar up.... put on the lid and let the jar sit until the honey soaks its way down to the bottom.

Then add another layer of mushroom powder and another layer of honey and repeat the process until the jar is completely full of dense mushroom honey.

Then put a tablespoon of that into a cup of warm water and guzzle it...... it hits like a freight train. I think your body soaks up the magic from the finely ground mushrooms and the psilocybin soaked honey in record time because coming up is hard and heavy.

I guess you could just mix up the powder with some honey in a bowl and the spoon it into the jar so you don't have any waiting but I prefer this method... it lets every crumb of mushroom soak up the honey thus preserving it and packs every drop of honey with magic goodness.

(The honey should not turn blue....... if it does then your psilocybin is oxidizing and you fucked up your honey. )

7. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

Can use fresh mushrooms, dry, cut or whole, doesn't matter too much. Over here we get semilanceata so don't know how many caps of cubensis an average trip would be.

We usually put between 200 - 1000 mushrooms in a 500ml jar of honey. A friend of mine has one that she's been adding to since last year. The honey's turned very runny, very strong too.

They'll last indefinitely in honey as far as I know.

8. LeviathanXII

LeviathanXII Member

Good ideas on how to bring along some shrooms for a camping trip or going somewhere a few days when bringing a big bag of mushrooms its cumbersome or unwanted. Bring a plastic bear full of honey instead :)

9. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

Sound like it would make me gag...

10. SoulVibrations

SoulVibrations celestial viator

Are you filling those empty gel caps you can get at vitamin shops with powdered mushrooms. I have tried this but it usually takes between 20-30 capsules just to get down 4 grams.

I usually just throw half my does in the grinder and eat the other half straight up and mix the powder with some sort of juice.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

my ex had one them pill capsule things, you would put them in the cylinders and then shake up the thing, it would fill both ends, twist and whalla.. pills..

12. SoulVibrations

Me and one of my friends just took a peice of MDF and drilled holes that the large side of the capsule would fit snuggly into, then we would lay down the powder and move it back and forth till it filled all the caps. lol, i don't know why we went through all the trouble.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

yeah, I thought Id make something like that once. but never had the drugs to really put in them like that.. If I was encapsulating something , Only took a few minutes to do it by hand... usually emptying out some other herb and not buying blank caps.

Now who took apart all my echinacea pills. ?.. I wonder.. :p

14. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

View attachment 46324
    I first ground up the very dry mushrooms in a food processor until they are the consistency of wheat flour.

Then I load 00 sized capsules into a capsule machine and use the scrapping tool and packing tool to pack the powder into the capsules as tight as possible (roughly .5 gram per capsule). Then I pour off the excess....

15. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Then put on the other half of the capsules and make sure they are tight.... then pop them out and pack into capsule bottles.

With these babies you can travel with your mushies in a "ginseng" pill bottle without fear... never have to taste mushroom nastiness again.... easy to dose since each capsule holds roughly .5 grams (so 7 capsules make an 1/8 oz) and it will take a pound of mushrooms that take up two 1 gallon ziplock bags and reduce them to a sandwich bag of capsules (which is important when the pounds start to pile up)

16. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Yes, mushroom honey is the best way I've found to ingest shrooms, besides capsules. Yes the honey turns runny after awhile. No it doesn't turn blue.

If you put sufficient mushrooms in the honey, you should need only about one or two teaspoons for a good effect. I usually add it to tea.

What's nice about the honey is its so easy to take. I've had difficulty eating raw mushrooms since my experience with Amanita Pantherina (don't ever do them!)

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

im going to try the honey tip on a the next full flush.. shouldnt be long now.

I consumed more Amanita Pantherina and Amanita Muscaria last summer than Ive ever taken in my whole life.... took some AM for xmas too.. They are not really hallucinogenic and much caution needs to be taken before eating them. A person should take a little at a time... though Ive eaten 4 yellow Amanita muscaria before getting out the woods, by the time I walked out the woods I was falling on things, a few hours after that I was ready to climb a mountian with super human strength.. This is a very odd mushroom with a range of effects. Sometime hallucinations , but more like glassy vision, drooling, alot of strength, decreased body pain ..

18. tricknologist

tricknologist menace to sobriety

How do you figure dosage with mushroom honey ? I always measure my dose out on a scale, I don't see how to do it this way.

19. SoulVibrations

It would be fairly simple actually.

1 tablespoon = .5 fluid ounces. So, you have a 10oz jar of honey, thats 20 tablespoons. Say you add 20oz dry shrooms. Now as long as you mix it up real well before spooning it out each table spoon will be ~ 1 gram.

Or you could really technical and figure out how much a certain amount of honey weighs, i'll use a tablespoon again but its really hard to measure a tablespoon consistently, (the best thing to use might be something like a shot glass filled to the top and leveled off) So you find out a tablespoon weighs 3 grams, remember to subtract the weight of you vessel. Note this weight, then use the same vessel to measure the same amount of honey. if your 3 grams of honey became 4.5 grams then you know have 1.5 grams of shrooms...

See, its simple...:D

20. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

The first method would work, but am I missing something with the second method? Doesn't that mean we are assuming shrooms weigh alot more than honey? I mean if we use a shotglass full of regular honey, find that the honey weighs 3 grams, then put shrooms in the jar, then get another shotglass full, you are getting less honey, which is replaced by the shrooms, because we are measuring the same volume. Because dry shrooms are very light, it seems like they would basically just be taking up space in the honey, not adding much weight, and making it weight less actually. Doesn't make sense to me.