Murderous Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by redgingergirl, Jun 6, 2013.

1. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

I understand that people attack me for it because they may be the ones I'm talking about but I want to know why they think that way.

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Why people think that way? That's one of the most interesting philosophical questions. Is it random, is it programmed, is it chemistry or is it divine?

3. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

That these two issues, Vegans and abortion are even being discussed as one topic is rather disappointing and makes one question the ability to reason past simplistic statements.

By that measure carnivores would not be pro-life.

We all (for the most part) live in countries that allow for freedom of choice. Be that from lifestyles to personal moral issues.

I am pro-choice. I do not have the right to dictate to anyone what they should or should not do with any fetus. We would all like to live in a world where both parties involved in the conception of a fetus would share equal responsibility but that is not the case in our society.

My body, my choice. If there can be agreement that is optimal but if there is not then the decision belongs to the woman.

Life is not always so black and white and time changes not only what we think but the experiences that never fail to point out that a high horse is a hell of trip down.

4. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

I may be wrong but I think the answer is programming. Of which if it is how do we resolve it?

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

If it is programmed it's a pointless question you asked. People do not change their mind then, it's just the program that does.

6. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

The reason that both vegan-ism and abortion are being discussed is I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of some who state life is sacred and that is why you shouldn't eat meat but then say its ok to kill an unborn child if it is simply inconvenient.

Also women are allowed to do what they want involving unborn children but why does a man have no say? She can keep it or lose it, but a man is forced into whatever decision the woman makes. Biased and unfair treatment.

7. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

Why not destroy the programming and create a world of creative freethinkers?

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Because we can't handle it.

9. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

With rape, In terms of the kid though, whats the difference? He/She will still exist regardless of how that kid was concieved

Its exactly the same kind of argument you are using against the vegans, they have their little set of exceptions, now so do you.

So if you get raped and then get pregnant, it would be more ok for you to kill the kid than some vegan you think is being hypocritical.

No matter what the rationale, kid ends up just as dead

11. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

We would be lost in a huge universe where nobody will hold our hands.

12. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

There is some truth to that but that means the the husband/partner (if there is one)of the victim will still have to raise the child as his own and those who do run around and rape most likely have mental illnesses that will then pass down to the child and the child will have similar behaviours. Also the woman will have to raise the child that looks like her attacker and will create a resentment for the child so that situation would be unhealthy and not beneficial to everyone.

13. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

We all have to grow up sometime. I think humanity has waited long enough.

14. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

An otherwise unwanted child is healthy and beneficial to everyone then?

15. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Large assumption about any Vegan and their reason for being pro-choice. You do realize that pro-choice does not necessarily mean that you would personally choose to abort but rather that the decision to abort is a personal one and that any woman has the right to abort a fetus for any reason.

Men are just as responsible for a pregnancy as women. In an ideal world that would mean that men also took on the same responsibility to raise children, other than in some cases just financially.

The reality is that this is not how the world works. In our society the majority of single parents raising children are women. Most of those living under the poverty line are single female parents.

I do not see hypocrisy in the situation of a Vegan being pro-choice, instead I see a person who made a decision based upon what they believe and most probably what they have experienced in life.

16. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Long enough? In a universe that is 13 billion years old, the few thousand year that humanity exists is not even a single grain of sand in the Sahara.

17. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

If its unwanted put it up for adoption to someone who does want it.

18. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

:rolleyes:

19. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

So your saying that a vegan who's statement as to why they don't eat meat is because its murder and then says its ok to kill an unborn fetus makes sense?
    Also many men do not have the option to be in their children’s lives and can only help financially because a lot of these single mothers under the poverty line chose to be there. They chose to leave and deny the father any custody and that is why we should feel sorry for them and not the fathers who don't get to see their children no matter how hard they try anyway? Society doesn't make sense.

20. Glasshopper

Glasshopper Struggling for sanity

So why do I hear so many Pro choice demand the men take responsibility (if only financial)? Why do so many people so into so called "equality" believe a woman has a choice to not take any responsibility but men are not given any choice to also opt out?

I have seen women secretly pin prick condoms, lie and say they are sterile or on the pill, or even decide for themselves via sperm donation then turn around and get child support for the child from the "father".

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/04/us/kansas-sperm-donation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLbgzc6H1HI"]Sperm donor liable for child support | William Marotta donated sperm to lesbian couple - YouTube

So why is it ok for a woman to be able to opt out but a man can not?

Or even worse a woman cheats on a man and he is forced to pay support for a child that is NOT even his just because his woman lied to him.
    http://www.wkrn.com/story/21579390/...hild-support-payments-for-child-that-isnt-his