Mumia Abu Jamal

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Angel_Headed_Hipster, May 30, 2004.

1. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

I know this is a very old topic, but i was just listening to Zack De La Rocha's Song "mumia 9/11" and i got curious what your opinion on the whole thing is, do you think he was innocent or guilty?

Peace and Love,
    Dan

2. renee

renee Member

What ever.... :confused:

3. Jozak

Jozak Member

4. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

there is no way for the public to know if he's guilty or not, its not really a matter of opinion.sure he may have had enimies politically, and he may have been trying to get people to see truth, but there is no way to know if he did it.

5. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing whether he's guilty or not, but I'm very much anti-death penalty, so I'm against him being put to death.

6. Jozak

Jozak Member

I challenge you 2 to read the site I posted.

7. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Jozak, your site's sources seem very questionable, they don't ever provide evidence for their claims, and just spit out bullshit about Mumia because they are angry about Daniel Faulkner's Death. I feel sorrow for Dan Faulkner and his family, but accusing an innocent man like Mumia is not right. And if you feel this isnt a Politically Bias Case, your dreaming. Why, when OJ was convicted, the first thing out of the District Attorney's mouth was that the death penalty was not appropriate, but when Mumia was convicted, the death penalty was the main focus.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

8. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Hold on...OJ was convicted?? When did this happen?

OJ was aquitted (although I think he was found guilty in the civil court) but anyways, I completely understand and agree with what you are saying.

9. bluegill

bluegill Member

im not to sure about this one, but from what i've read there has not been anything other than circumstantial evidence against him, and nothing really definitely linking him to the crime, and in this country one is to be proven guilty beyond a REASONABLE DOUBT....and here i see at least a few things that raise questions, which are reason enuf to cause doubt.....but i guess the fucking government has ways to get around that, huh....

10. Jozak

Jozak Member

Are you joking me? Their research and sources are very, very good. The have pulled nothing but straight facts. This is just a few things the site tells us:

"A total of five eyewitnesses have testified that they saw Mumia Abu-Jamal run from a parking lot and shoot Officer Faulkner to death as the officer attempted to arrest Jamal's brother. None of these eyewitnesses knew each other. Each gave their accounts within minutes of the shooting, and the accounts agreed with each other in every significant detail.Within a few minutes of the shooting, three of the eyewitnesses personally identified Mumia Abu-Jamal to police at the scene as the man who had shot Officer Faulkner. Again, none of these individuals knew each other. They had no time to find what other witnesses were going to say. Nor was there time for police to "coerce" or "intimidate" them prior to making their identifications. The police had no way of knowing what story to "coerce" witnesses to tell even if they had wanted to. Each witness watched from a different vantage point, and several stated that they never lost sight of Jamal from the moment the shooting stopped, until the police apprehended him and placed him in the van. Were these eyewitnesses all "mistaken" about what they saw, as Jamal and his attorneys now argue?

Jamal was apprehended only 10 feet away from Officer Faulkner's body. In his chest, Jamal had a bullet fired from Officer Faulkner's gun. If the officer was shot by a "phantom killer," as Jamal's lawyers contend, he would have shot the gunman, not Jamal. The eyewitnesses all said that Jamal shot the officer in the back before the officer even knew Jamal was there. Jamal was apprehended only 10 feet away from Officer Faulkner's body. In his chest, Jamal had a bullet fired from Officer Faulkner's gun. If the officer was shot by a "phantom killer," as Jamal's lawyers contend, he would have shot the gunman, not Jamal. The eyewitnesses all said that Jamal shot the officer in the back before the officer even knew Jamal was there.The gun found next to Jamal was owned by Jamal and registered in his name. Does an "innocent man" run to the scene of an arrest with his gun in his hand if he doesn't intend to use it?"

"Jamal's gun contained five spent casings from unique high velocity special +P ammunition. These casings were the exact brand (Federal), caliber (.38) and type (high velocity +P with a hollow base) of ammunition retrieved from Officer Faulkner's brain. Is it reasonable to believe that an "innocent man" just happened to load his gun with exact same ammunition that the "real killer" used in his gun?"

11. bluegill

bluegill Member

believe what they tell you.....

12. velvet

velvet Banned

hm.. okay.. those are facts, but facts can be true or false (the sun is purple is a fact, but a false fact). So what is the source? "the police"? Can you provide us a more direct source, like a police-file that can be viewed online?

But.. to make another point.. I kinda have the feeling that there's more behind this. Why are you being so harsh about it? I'm wondering about this, especially in combination with the 'civil disobidience is still..' in your sig. I know a lot of hippies & punk and youth in general don't like 'the system' and 'the law'.. and I'm guessing here that you are being anti-anti.. just because being 'anti' is populair here and for our age? Or is a loved of yours killed or something? I'm just wondering why you are on your soapbox.. I'm not attacking you (I come in peace!;).

I just hope that you are willing to see that not everything is black or white. Nearly everything is blurry grey. I'm writing with three convicted prisoners in the US, for a couple of years now. All three of them did some pretty nasty things (like being in a gang and killing other gangmembers). That doesn't mean that they can't be perfectly nice friends and brothers and sons as well..

I don't know enough about Mumia Abu-Jamal to know the truth and probably only he himself knows (and God, if you believe). However, it is a fact (and I can provide the source if you are interested, it is in a studybook somewhere) that etnical minorities are often punished harder than whites. So, this probably isn't a black/white case either, but a grey one.. even if he did it, a white guy maybe wouldn't have gotten deathpenalty for it.. for instance.

*Peace*

13. Jozak

Jozak Member

I would like you see your analysis on this case, your opinions, and facts that say otherwise.

14. Jozak

Jozak Member

There might be, but they quoted the actual court and people they interviewed. In a high profile case like this, they could be liable for slander by the people who said it. They do give you the sources on the site as well.

Oh no, I just think the picture is fucking hillarious. Additionally, I think a lot protesters are full of crap, not all, but a lot. I have found that a lot of those people that go to protests don't even know what they are protesting about and why, and that has been told to me by a lot of true protesters/friends on this site. I just think it gives them an excuse to go out and make asses out of themselves. "HEY LET'S GO SMASH A STARBUCK'S WINDOW! LET'S HOLD UP TRAFFIC SO FIRETRUCKS AND AMBULANCES CAN'T GET BY! LET'S BREAK SHIT" I mean those people seriously have no lives.

That is fine, I respect your opinion. You seem really cool, and I like people like that. I do believe in God, however, with the facts I have seen on "FREE MUMIA" Websites and compared to the one I posted above, it just does not add up. MY opinion on the guy changed once I read a lot of the myths that are presented by a lot of Mumia's followers.

Also, if you go to the U.S. department of justice website (ill have to dig the link) you will see that the Death Penalty was sought more often for whites than blacks. (It's something like 28% and 22% I believe) Does that mean the system is racist against whites in the U.S.? No of course not. Think about it: Most serial killers, are who? Middle aged white guys. Most car jackers and rapsits are who? Black males. It's just the facts of life. No one is being racist. Take it easy.

BTW--been to the Netherlands, awesome place :)

15. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

In just about every study I've heard about the death penalty, I've heard a black person that kills a white person is much more likely to receive a death sentence than a white person who kills a black person.

16. Jozak

Jozak Member

What studies are those? I just told you the Department of Justice says othersiwe. (I still gotta dig out the link)

17. bluegill

bluegill Member

check out this link and see just how far the gov has gone to silence the appeals of jamal, if the gov had such a strong case then what is the big deal with at least letting the man restate his case....it is people who have the mentality as you that give this country a bad rep, all those that feel the gov is an infalable source of truth and justice....if the system is really fair and balanced, where's the balance in this case? hell's bell's all that i have read linking jamal to the shooting is the fact that the same type of bullet that shot faulkner was the same TYPE of bullets that jamal had in his gun, and that no forensic evidence actually linked his gun to the murder weapon, as well as several other witnesses who claimed that another person was the one that actually shot faulkner, where were these witnesses at? why was the defense only allotted 150$ to interview witnesses, why was he not allowed to defend himself? where is the fairness at here? ask yourself these questions.....and its not just this case in particular, its like this in alot of cases, just look at the guy in cali this weeek, arrested for murder, spent 51/2 mo's in prison awaiting trial, despite evidence and alibi's that placed him 20 mi away from the crime scene, the poice paid no attention to that evidence however, but once footage of him at a ballgame w/his daughter arose then he was set free....what would of happened to this man if the footage of him never came up? is the system fucked up? or maybe it's the people behind it that are fucked up....

http://www.fair.org/issues-news/mumia.html

18. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Exactly Bluegill, Mumia, Just like Shermin Austin, is nothing but a political prisoner. Mumia was a peaceful man, he would have never shot a cop, but the system feels threatened by a man like Mumia, and will do anything to put him away.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

19. tom

tom Member

KILL WHITEY!!!