mp3 hosts?

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by inbloom, May 25, 2004.

1. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

does anyone know where to host mp3's? i just got two of my band's songs onto my computer, but need a place to host them. thanks. :)

2. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

um, purevolume.com

3. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

did that work out for you?

4. inbloom

it did. thank you. :)

i just hate seeing the whole rules and regulations thing. it says they're allowed to use my songs, anytime they wish. i don't really want that.

5. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

*remembers the good 'ole days of MP3.com* :(

Anywho, yeah, them using your music is a GOOD thing. That means that when they eventually come out with a compilation discs of up-and-coming artists, that they'll be able to give you a spot on the disc (if good enough, of course ;)), which will give you some good advertising. That's how I heard of Burn the Priest, who became Lamb of God...who is currently played on late-night MTV. ;) They also tour with some friends of mine, who have a band that started, strangely enough, on the Internet. :D

6. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

mp3.com!? I still remember when we Commodore 64 users were looking for "sids"!!! (SID = Sound Interface Device. Commodores sound chip)

7. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

Aye, but MP3.COM was TRUELY a musical revolutution in it's day...over 150k+ daily visitors were looking at (err, listening to your music), whether you were signed to a label or not. You didn't even have to have a website, you could upload your music directly to the site for free hosting, and a GREAT chance at being signed by one of the big 5. ;)

8. inbloom

and why is it not so great, anymore?