Mozart in the Jungle

Discussion in 'The Media' started by GeorgeJetStoned, Mar 20, 2018.

1. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Free Psychotic Readings

I'm not sure exactly why I love this series. Maybe it's the 30 minute episodes, which dovetails well into my horrible capitalistic working life. But I suspect it's the characters, so many are really brilliant. I highly suggest fitting an episode between classic movies instead of cartoons.

2. GeorgeJetStoned

It gets better with age!

3. Friar Turk

Friar Turk Dankin' and Tankin'

A cheeky and maud series, well tuned to the idyllic predictions of the early post-nuclear era. Much of the style of the show is finally becoming increasing relevant, with drone-delivered consummables, easy commutes, robotic operations in far-flung domains, and on far-flung worlds, the show certainly depicts the rosier, lighter and heartier side of futuristic romanticism.

4. skip

skip Founder Staff Member

I had to look that up. I thought it was going to be like a Klaus Kinski film... not! (Fitzcarraldo)

Looks like a good cast, should be interesting. I read they've cancelled it now.

5. GeorgeJetStoned

Are we talking about the same show?

Friar Turk likes this.
  6. GeorgeJetStoned

It's too bad, but anyone could have seen it coming. While they didn't do a full shark jump, credibility suffered as the characters all seemed to make substantial life changes (as if they never had any long-standing habits).