Mowing Stripes On Lawn

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Napoleon Hill’s Spectre, Jan 15, 2019.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you're younger and blacker than i thought. i liked your pot leaf jacket though.

i apologize, it was "misplaced" shortly after it arrived..

rollingalong likes this.
  2. MartNorth

MartNorth Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Best way is to find yourself on old Simplicity garden tractor, rebuild as needed then the stripes are there. That's all I use on my lawn. It was built in 1974.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ywah most people aren't gonna fit a tractor in their backyard ay. :p

4. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Zero turn mower turns in it's own length.

To stripe a lawn, mark it off in two-foot stripes. Spread high nitrogen fertilizer on the first strip and Roundup on the second. Repeat alternating fertilizer and weed killer until whole lawn is covered.

5. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

Napoleon Hill’s Spectre Members

Haha good one ☝️

6. Visexual

Visexual Member

I had a neighbor who had a terrible looking lawn. One day they weren't home and I was fertilizing my yard with a drop spreader. When I finished, I had some left over and went to their yard and dropped fertilizer in the shape of a skull and crossbones. After the next rain, they fertilized their whole yard.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  7. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I have a fascination about the racing stripe cut. Something I'll always admire about the elegance , evenness and precision of it.

8. daviesjoan54

daviesjoan54 Members

LOL lawn that makes money, ha ha. I usually mow my lawn at slightly different heights and it turns out exactly the same lawn as on a football field.
    So my friend shared with me where I liked some sprinklers that somehow keep track of your lawn height and water it, fully automated. It helps me keep an eye on this kind of lawn. However, if you do not mow the lawn for a long time, all this relief and pattern with stripes will disappear very quickly, and then you will have to pass with a lawnmower a couple of times (usually twice)
    By the way, the nozzles on the lawn mower do not do it very nicely , I prefer to do it manually.

9. MartNorth

MartNorth Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My stripes cut with a '74 Simplicity 3314
    07.26Stripes.jpg