moving to mexico

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by *josai*, Feb 25, 2006.

1. *josai*

*josai* Member

Hahahaha....yeah, meredith took some photos while there of the animals. i think she was originally wanting to live outside of guzman in a more rural pueblo but it seems like she'll need to be closer to the university & the internet hookup & all
    but still in the city ALL of her experiences with the people were very positive, they welcomed her into their lives, sharing their food & their homes
    i'm going to avoid any bartering until i'm more confident with my spanish....it's been awhile!!!

2. *josai*

*josai* Member

Hahahaha....yeah, meredith took some photos while there of the animals. i think she was originally wanting to live outside of guzman in a more rural pueblo but it seems like she'll need to be closer to the university & the internet hookup & all
    but still in the city ALL of her experiences with the people were very positive, they welcomed her into their lives, sharing their food & their homes
    i'm going to avoid any bartering until i'm more confident with my spanish....it's been awhile!!!

3. Rigamarole

Rigamarole Senior Member

Heh, that reminds me:

When I was travelling in Mexico, for the first time in my life I actually saw a chicken crossing the road.

I was stunned at the novelty of it.

4. SpliffVortex II

SpliffVortex II Banned

They try that in the U.S but they became hood ornaments . The few chikens that survive hid in a Disco Club.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ardia

Ardia Member

No, not all of Mexico is bad. You just have to research the area you are interested in living. Research the entire city and find out what areas are poorest and which ones are richer, so to speak. Of course, there are major differences from the US and Mexico, but like anywhere, there are good places, good people, and bad places and bad people. So, just look into it as much you can and talk to people that live there if possible.

6. Ardia

Ardia Member

Another tip: Do not be rude to nobody, even if they are rude first. Always be kind as possible!

7. BlackSheep77

BlackSheep77 Member

:agree: My sentiments exactly; I'm Mexican, and I've lived both in Mexico and the U.S.
    :sombrero::cowboy:

8. BlackSheep77

BlackSheep77 Member

That's a good tip for life in general. :)

9. Headin South

Headin South Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Where do you people come up with this kidnapped, killed beaten stuff ??? Just relax, pay attention, and have a great time. You can buy anything you need in Mexico... good quality.. american products. Do noy drink tap water and carry toilet paper. The rest is easy. I have been in and out of Mexico for 30 years. Lived there worked there... the people are great. You are going to have an awesome time !! I just returned from a 15 month driving trip in Central and South America. No problems... just too cool !!

10. Julio Torres

Julio Torres Members

The way this country is deteriorating its something to think about going back to Mexico