Moving to Louisiana!?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by PhyreTrukk, Mar 20, 2011.

1. PhyreTrukk

PhyreTrukk Member

I'm 18, from Canada and I'm thinking about moving. Although right now I'm super extra low on cash, due to the lack of jobs in my province... but as soon as I get enough money to get to, and live somewhere else, I really want to. I love discovering, learning, new things, new culture, etc. Now, I know United States and Canada aren't that different compared to the other places I could travel to and see, but I figure it'd be easiest to do and it would be awesome. I'm an Acadian, and there are many Acadians in Louisiana, so it would be interesting to see how they live compared to how I live at home. Also, the thrill of moving out, on my own, in a new place far away from home, it just seems so excited, but also very scary... it makes me want to do it even more!

So how hard would it be to get citizenship? A decent job with only a high school diploma? A decent place to live?

Thanks!

2. drrazzu

drrazzu Member

Right now there is a need for workers with skills like welding or electrical. Or you can get on the oil rigs or boats at an entry level job. If you move to New Orleans you can get resturant work or a host of other jobs in the tourist industry. They are a present beginning to build a large steel mill on the Mississippi River that will need about 1500 people to build.
    Louisiana is one of the most conservative of states. If you move to Lafayetter or New Orleans it is not too bad. Those are only places I would recommend. A friend drove a cab in NO back in the day and he did pretty good.

Hope that helps, Dr Razzu

3. colourfastt

colourfastt Member

Even though I'm in Orlando for now, I still have my home in Lafayette .... I can definitely recommend the city .... even NOLA, sort of. You won't regret Louisiana.

4. hunterzero21xx

hunterzero21xx Member

Come on down! The biggest warning I have for ya though is watch out for our heat and humidity especially coming from that far north ^_^

Though if you are able to work physically and can handle it you def. won't have a problem finding a job here compared to most other states right now.