Moving to Lawrence. Looking for friends!

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by Psyowa-Girl, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Psyowa-Girl

Psyowa-Girl Member

I will be moving to Lawrence, KS in the spring. My b/f and I will be getting an apartment together. It's quite a nice place in what seems to be a very quiet part of town. I am very excited. This will be my first time living outside of my folk's place. At the same time I am nervous. I will be looking for work and may be very lonely for a while.
    I have no friends in the area yet. My boyfriend will be the ONLY person I know there. I want to build up a little circle of close friends, since that is something I have never REALLY had :\

Lets see... About myself... I am 24 years old. I am a painter. I have been part of Iowa's rave scene (specifically the psytrance crowd) since I was 17. I am a hula-hooper. The boyfriend and I are both burners and met at Inter-Fuse. I'm somewhere between a hippie and a kandi kid, I suppose. I don't do much as far as drugs anymore. I may do acid once every couple of months, but usually I am just kindof a light drinker anymore. I practice a primitive form of Wicca and would be tickled if I could make more pagan friends (monthly full-moon gatherings maybe???).
    The boyfriend and myself are strictly committed. We're not looking for couples to swap with or share or whatever you may be thinking. Our relationship involves JUST US... So that sort of "friendship" is out of the question.
    I like to cook, watch movies, create art, dance, make kandi, and chill out with some drinks.
    My yaho sn is raver_baby_clovers
    Or message me on hipforums :)

PLURR!!! :peace:

2. Buddy of the island

Buddy of the island Member

this thread was posted on my birthday :).. hi, i am not from lawrence, (overland park KC) but i CAN tell you Lawrence a very groovy city! you wont need to search far to find hip friends, and in fact will probably have better luck just getting out there then trying to search on the hip forums.. there are nearly no kansans on this site! anyway, good luck psyowa! best wishes