moving to amsterdam for a year

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by shortjew, Sep 3, 2005.

1. shortjew

shortjew Member

Me and my good friend, who both smoke the ganj, are planning to go live in amsterdam for a year after school. Any tips on apartments, jobs, etc that would help us out there. Thanks.

BTW, this is my first post here but I've been reading this forum for a while. So, hello. :).

2. phoenix88

phoenix88 Member

Dont worry about apartments, just spend all of your money on marijuana.

3. jojoeyes

jojoeyes kinda high

hey i'm not sixteen and i still think he should just spend his money on pot. lol

4. shortjew

shortjew Member

haha dude why do you think we're goin to amsterdam. that priority numero uno, then comes shelter, food, money, but those are important too

5. jojoeyes

jojoeyes kinda high

i get the weird feeling ur the fuzz, but i dont know how making a thread like this would help a popo nail someone. maybe i'm just paranoid.

6. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

aw man cool idea..my plan was to live in different random palces around the u.s and the world for only weeks,months or maybe a year at a time.

but anyways, amerstdam..thats in the netherlands right? whats the main language over there? if its not english, im sure u cud get some kind of job without having to speak much. ya know? and since ur going with a friend, at least it will be easier to split the rent. i say, dont waste TOO much money (live on a total budget) on 'nessary' things such as food. eat cheap! i guess the MAIN thing u have 2 worry bout is wear 2 live. i duno, i never tend 2 worry bout how im gonna manage in life, i figure ill figure it out somehow and everything will be fine :) so uh goodluck and sory i cant help u with 'real' facts. maybe u shud re-search it on the internet or ask people whove lived there before. :)

7. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

jojo wtf is the fuzz and poopoo or whatever

8. SunshineLovePeace

SunshineLovePeace all you need is love

haha thats fuckin awesome mayn. im sposed to be going this christmas with my friend n imma spend so much fuckin money on weed. I cant imagine livin there, it would be so awesome.

9. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

Dude just switch between jobs at restaurants, kitchen work may not be the greatest, but even at bars in the us you can smoke on the job and usualy the owner won't care. You can steal food, and also kitchen work usualy gets paid pretty decent. if you go you should like have enough money for at least 4-6 months rent payments, and enough money to survive off of food for a good few months, just incase it takes you a bit to find a job. its all pretty much common sense. just dun be a dumbass, and end up living in a ditch.

10. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

=cops

11. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Head to the Amsterdam forum on here, it's got loads of information, and an awesome coffee-shop map made by Nemesis :)

12. -steve-

-steve- Member

what the fuck are you talking about, youve smoked weed once, you dont know shit all.

13. Beleg

Beleg Member

Wouldn't matter if he was a cop or not. Weed is basicly legal in Amsterdam.

14. boothy

boothy Senior Member

I find it hard to believe you have smoked it at all. Chill dude.

15. -steve-

-steve- Member

man cops dont sit around on their computers fucking posting on the mj forum.

16. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

no, jojoeyes is just young and stupid. he's emulating the behavior of other boardmembers to try and be "cool". its not his fault, its his parents.

17. jojoeyes

jojoeyes kinda high

whoa wtf are u guys talking about. i said i was just paranoid i had a weird feeling.

whatever i dont have to explain myself to u people.

18. -steve-

-steve- Member

oh yeah blame the parent:p

Us people huh? ur rascist!

19. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

ahh omg every1 is so rude to jojoeyes...!!!! god, give t he dude a break, his heart is in the right place.

20. shortjew

shortjew Member

Totally. and no, im not the fuzz, the popo, the po9, the 5-0, the cops, or any other word for a police officer

no im not a fed either. im just a casual fellow who likes mary