moving from Bitain to Anchorage

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Harry.july, May 24, 2012.

1. Harry.july

Harry.july Guest

hey,im currently surving in the british army,im leaving in a couple of years and i want to emigrate to anchorage:sunny: when i get there i want to apply for a job as a police officer. but before i do i need some questions answeared! number 1 since im from england will i need to change my drivers license to an alaskan 1?what are the locals like?i understand why the cost of living is higher but if i get the job as a cop and am living single.would it be easy to get by in life?how do i get a hunting license?and can you hunt when ever i want with in the hunting zones?how many hours of day are there? any answears and i will be greatful!

cheers.

2. FrankieJames7

FrankieJames7 Guest

well...first off...if your going to become a cop it would be a great idea to not peruse natives...alot of shit will go down if you do...and you will really really need to toughen up...this isnt call of duty anymore...what i would do is move to a village buy a shot gun and a rifle...and if your going to live here a chain saw would be nice to...really learn how to be an Alaskan...how to start fire without matches how to live off the land etc etc...locals...theres so many different kinds...people from the city are all the same...weak...useless...wanna be thugs...if you really want to see the real Alaska go to a village...you can hunt anything you want as long as you use almost everything...white people cant stop you its not their land...you dont even need a hunting license just go out and get food its what people have been doing for thousands of years...winter the sun rises at 12 and sets at 5 PM summer the sun has light 24 hours but sets at about 2 am and rises at about 4 am...anything else just ask....