movin' on

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by tom, May 21, 2004.

1. tom

tom Member

When I was young, my mom, my siblings and I would pack up and head to grandma's and gramps house. Being a small child, it was an adventure. Nothing was better than a trip up to the mountain to see them and be together as a family. Whether it was sitting around with the adults throwing dice, tromping through the woods, or gramps giving me some of his candy (copenhagen snuff) for the first time when I was around 5, everything was new and exciting. It was childhood in it's purest form.
    Last night I made a call to my mom. Planning on taking my son to visit her and to see my grandma for what could be the very last time I'll see her. My mom is now the grandmother, I'm now the parent, and my son well, he's the kid coming along for the adventure. Funny feeling when you realize that your place in life has changed. Someday I'll be the grandpa, my boy will be a father, and I'll be trying to corrupt his son with dice and snuff. What a trip.

2. God

God Member

What A Longgggggggggg Strange Trip It's Been

3. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Ah, such is life.

4. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I know what ya mean, Tom. My eldest is graduating junior high next month....he's 14!!! Man, the time just flew. It's funny, when you're a kid time just seems to go by in slow motion. My 12 years old son's teacher is a guy I went to high school with (he was an ass *lol*). That kinda blew me away.

Yeah, it certainly is a trip.....

5. tom

tom Member

That's another thing that blows my mind. I have friends now who are teachers, police officers, and I just spoke with an old buddy who took a few bullets in Iraq and is now back home. These are the same people who's houses I used to spend the night at, played g.i. joes with, smoked a little pot with in high school. Now we're all grown up and *gasp* starting to live like grown ups

6. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, well, I may be a "grown up" in years but I'll always be young in my mind, heart and soul. Hell, I'm 33 and I goof off with my three sons all the time. Let's just say I'm not a "typical" mom *lol* We have a great time together.

7. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

Hell Tom I am 48 and don't ever plan on growing up.I don't like the end result,when you grow up.
    I am now the "gramps" and my kids still give me shit about growing up.It's like my kids have turned into my parents.
    The changing cycle of life is still pretty cool though,even though it has been a very strange trip,but alot of fun.
    Enjoy the ride and hold the memories close.

JeN I would have never imagined you as a "typical" mom,that is what sets you apart from the rest of the world.

8. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

i cant wait till i have kids... i wanna be the cool mom too..

9. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

It is crazy. I have two kids and it is still surreal. I don't act anywhere near the way you would imagine a "grown up" to act. Grown ups are too serious! The best part about having kids is being able to goof off and act like a kid! I can play games, run around like a crazy person, sing silly songs, make up fart jokes, and play on a playground!

10. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

I know I am only 21 but when me and my kiddies go out I act a fool, pretty mucch anything to make em smile, get some weird looks almost every place we go cuz aparently in my town moms don't have tattoos and purple streaks in their hair but we have a good time. A man even looked at us funny and shook his head in Mellow Mushroom the other night, for christs sake its like a hippie restaurante, its louds, and the play bob marley all the time. he acted as if he had never heard a child make any noise in his whole life HAHA. I hope I don't get older and freak out over stuff like that.......

11. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

its really interesting thinking about how much things have changed. hell, and im only 15. i can only imagine the changes you've been through!

12. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

i think im gonna have a couple kids when im 22...

i wanna be a cool mom!!! grrr me want kids!