Movies You Recently Watched

Discussion in 'Movies' started by hotwater, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Conjuring 2

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Can violent films be blamed? No, absolutely not.

Dude with Halloween approaching next month my movie selections will likely include

Phantasm, Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, The Exorcist, The Lost Boys, Jeepers Creepers, It, and Psycho

I assure you, you won’t catch me posing as the tall man, taking on the homicidal characteristics of Michael Meyers, donning a face of human skin while disemboweling a kid in a wheelchair with a chainsaw, I won't attach japanese ginsu knives to my fingers, nor will I experience a suddenly compulsion to slice and dice college students while wearing a hockey mask, I won't possess a young girl while she takes a crucifix and plunges it into her vagina while yelling “Jesus Fuck Me”. I won't pose as a blood sucking teenage vampire, or a flesh-eating demonic monster, or start hanging out in the local sewer while dressed in a clown suit, or buy an isolated motel off the interstate to lure unsuspecting guests to their death, while wearing a dress and wig - well maybe i'll wear the dress and wig...lol...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  4. candys

candys Visitor

Detective Pickachu at the weekend, didn't finish, boring and the whole pokemon thing just doesn't appeal to me. Ryan Reynolds as Pickachu was muted and dull, just a total miss on all levels.

5. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Salton Sea...the 2019 movie, not the 2002 flick with Val Kilmer

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  6. soulcompromise

7. 1922... So-so to pretty darn good.

Remember when the Matrix was blamed for Columbine?

8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Was that any good?

9. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Finally watched this a few nights ago. Not a bad movie, but I don’t know what all the hype was about it. It was ok though, but not as scary as I thought it would be.

B1E5731D-1947-4E8B-B74A-1BD0281709F6.jpeg

10. soulcompromise

It was cute. Hailee Steinfeld is not Shia LaBeouf but that is just fine with lots of people. I thought his acting in Transformers (at least the first one) was really good. But her acting was great; particularly considering the giant robot is not really there so most of her delivery is to thin air. I liked it, but if you don't have a little crush on Hailee you might think it's kind of flat.

The character Bumblebee, and all the transformers in the movie were really well done from a CGI perspective. So I thought it was a likable movie, though not Transformers 1.

Eric! likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Give me some sugar, baby!

12. candys

candys Visitor

Midsommar. Wickerman like story of odd Swedish cult / commune. Enjoyable if a bit long. 7/10

13. soulcompromise

14. Stand By Me is classic. I love that movie.

I saw "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark" (I think that's what it was called. 6/10.

15. soulcompromise

I'm going to put one in the player here in a minute...

[​IMG]

Eric! likes this.
  16. soulcompromise

[​IMG]
    I'm watching this now, and the opening sequence caught my attention somehow. Despite it being a Weinstein team movie, it seems like it might be ok. Pierce Brosnan is some kind of player, lol. Shows my maturity level, lol. Anyway, back to the movie...

17. hotwater

Phantasm I through 5 Directed by Don Coscarelli

18. Asmodean

What makes it a 'Weinstein team movie' and why would it be bad because of it? Last time i watched The hateful 8 I also noticed it was produced by Weinstein but why does it matter for the quality of the movie itself/what does it imply? Nothing i would think

19. soulcompromise

no, but I instinctively shy away from the embattled SOB, lol. I think it's so distasteful what he did that I'm reluctant to watch anything with his name on it. Sadly, it's pretty hard to avoid... He was a major producer. There are a lot of films in which he was producer. But it's worth mentioning that I'm uncomfortable with him and what he did. What he stands for is no longer about Hollywood or movies. It's #metoo.

20. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Brimstone (2015)

21. hotwater

The fact that Weinstein is affiliated with the movie doesn’t make it a bad movie, but it does taint the movie in the light that dozens of women have claimed that Harvey Weinstein had either raped,
    sexually assaulted, or sexually abused them at some point over the last thirty years

22. Asmodean

Yeah, I think about that too when I see the name Weinstein for a sec but I refuse to let a great movie get tainted by it

Glad I saw this one as well :) I'll probably buy it for my western collection