movies United Statians should be watching in 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by StellarCoon, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You should watch The Spectacular Now. It's the closest to a John Hughes-esque coming of age movie that I've seen since...a John Hughes movie

neonspectraltoast likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Terminator

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i always comes as a bit of a surprise, when anything that interests me draws much of an audience.

i have no idea what movies are in production right now for release later this year or next.

if anyone has a list and a synopsis of what each are about, yes i would certainly be curious.
    i'm not interested in anything that begins and ends in emo. and i'm pretty much shy of sequils and over done super hero themes.

settings really are more interesting to me then story lines when the stories aren't allowed to crap them up.
    the stranger and more allien the better, in the good ways that attract rather then repel me.

like i said though, i have no idea what's on tap. i'm here out of curiosity.
    i don't go to a lot of movies, but occasionally one is produced that sounds like something i would like to see.

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

... What's that weird one with the girl.. Her dad is a heroin addict who dies near the start and she has fingerpuppets with personalities..
    .. It might be Terry Gilliam..