Movies that make you cry

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, Feb 5, 2014.

1. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I know as a kid White Fang had me ballin'.

2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

this movie made me an emotional wreck as a kid

The Fox & the Hound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow0KJ2N1OC0"]The fox & the hound - Goodbye may seem forever - YouTube

3. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

the beginning of this movie made me an emotional wreck in the movie theatre a couple of years ago

Up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g"]Favorite Pixar's Up scene ever - Ellie and Carl's relationship through time, Sad scene - YouTube

4. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I saw the Notebook after my Mom died from Alzheimer's and I did cry.

A week after Mom died I saw Marley & Me. Cried when she lost the first baby and also at the end. Most of the movie was funny but those two spots got me.

5. Platnumb

Platnumb Member

What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Such a classic! Pretty emotional for me, tho.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWdDCiSjeWE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWdDCiSjeWE

6. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I bawled
    when I read Marley and Me. I just laid in my bed and sobbed for what felt like forever. My husband kept saying "it's just a book" then he read it and cried. We watched the movie at home because we knew we couldn't handle watching it in public. He was crying for almost the whole movie and he wouldn't let our dog go.

One of my favorite movies. When Arney is screaming "Mama WAKE UP" it gets me every time.

7. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

i loved fox and the hound! "but in my hearts the memory, and there you will always be" :(

8. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Omg, fox and the hound! Uuuugh I still cry at the end of that movie.

Let's see...I have a long list lol.

Dexter: The episode where Rita dies. I about had an mental breakdown.

Sweet November gets me every goddamn time. "you're my immortality"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVv1SOATAY"]Sweet November [You're My Immortality] - YouTube

Untamed Heart
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULyqNjzKOU4"]Untamed Heart - Dying Scene - YouTube

Away From Her turns me into an emotional wreck.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqKpGR4EocU"]Away from Her (5/11) Movie CLIP - I'm Your Husband (2006) HD - YouTube

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

9. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

One of the few things that got me was when William Wallace's first wife gets killed.

11. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I love love love love love What's Eating Gilbert Grape. "Describing Endora is like dancing to no music. It's a town where nothing much ever happens and nothing much ever will," has been one of my favorite movie quotes since I was 14. It pretty much describes the town I live right outside of.

12. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

It was filmed in Texas but it sure does look a hell of a lot like Iowa. That quote describes a lot of Iowa small towns.

13. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The final scene to Best of the Best. 2nd Movie that ever made me tear up, and of all things, it was a martial arts movie.

14. Eric!

Best ending scene ever. Jumped on the Breaking Bad bandwagon a little late, but got caught up finally and then caught off guard with the ending scene and the song that went with it. It was just too perfect. I remember the song "Baby Blue" as a kid and since then haven't heard it for decades. When it came on as Walter White was dying, it gave me goosebumps and made my eyes water because it sounded so good and just right for Walter's passing. Damn good ending!

15. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When I ran the UK premier of this film in London, their was a silence as the curtain fell that I have never seen before and half the audience walked out with tears streaming down their faces. Before opening to the public, the censors changed it to 18 certificate. About 5 years later when it appeared in all the video shops, it was classified as suitable for 3-5 year old's and put on the racks alongside Donald Duck. The person who had made the decision had not viewed the film and the story made headline news..

16. Eric!

Jesus of Nazareth, 1977 movie, Cucifixion scene. Watched this as a kid and was the first time I ever cried watching a movie. Was hard to watch....
    (Tried to pull it up on you tube)

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Pretty much every movie ever.

Seriously.

I cried during Bad Moms Christmas. My mom thinks I'm depressed because I cry during movies, books, songs, commercials--everything.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

La vie est belle

How the dad convinced his son the concentration camp was just one big game to keep him from being scared then at the end the American soldiers find the boy and he rides on their tank then he reunites with his mother and runs to her and exclaims "we won mama, we won!"

Jesus christ.

Also i cried in Honey I Shrunk the Kids as a kid when the ant was hurt.

And Hotel Rwanda for sure, saw that in theatres and it was embarrassing. I was also deeply depressed at the time which didnt help

19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

20. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Its A Wonderful Life (his realization of how wonderful his life really is)

Conversations With God (ending: from the bookstore scene on)

Now saying that, i can't meet or run into anyone here. :p