Movies that make you cry

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, Feb 5, 2014.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Share clips of movies that always make you cry:(

Big Fish
    this starts to pick up at 5:40 if you don't want to watch the whole thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO7Jc8N1LLM"]Big Fish ENDING - YouTube

2. RainyDayHype

and my all time favorite movie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy7YnrVXudg"]Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (8/11) Movie CLIP - Meet Me in Montauk (2004) HD - YouTube

3. weeping willow

weeping willow Member

I loved Big fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMwuPpLpz8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMwuPpLpz8

This movie gets me every time.

4. weeping willow

weeping willow Member

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

SLC Punk. I won't spoil the ending for the few who haven't seen it by telling WHY it made me sob uncontrollably for half an hour after it was even over, but oh god, it was a tough one to get through.

My Sister's Keeper is one that is just a given. If you don't expect to cry at a movie about a kid with cancer then you've got nerves of steel.

Those are all I can think of at the current moment because I try to avoid things that will make me cry.

6. ChrissySunshine

ChrissySunshine like disco lemonade

When I saw this thread my mind went, "OMFG Eternal Sunshine!" I saw it for the first time last week with a super special perrrrrrrsooooon. It's one of his favorite movies, so he showed it to me, and oh my gosh. The Feels.

"so what if you take me somewhere else,
    somewhere where I don't belong,
    and we hide there till morning?" <3

7. weeping willow

weeping willow Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns_XAco7e5o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns_XAco7e5o

I feel like everyone forgot about "what dreams may come." I was watching TV the other day and I noticed that Good Will Hunting was on, and my girlfriend said she had never seen it...... I was blown away.. I'm only 22, how can such art already become unknown?

8. RainyDayHype

I saw What Dreams May Come in a film class I took as an example of a bad movie!! I personally loved it! It's a very intense movie. It was considered a flop according to my teacher because it wasn't formulated in the way that an audience is used to. Usually if a movie starts out happy, it ends sad and if it starts out sad then it ends happy... That wasn't the case with this movie and so many people disliked it. Can you believe that!

9. weeping willow

weeping willow Member

I'm surprised in a way, but not in another. I say this only because I don't know very many people that enjoyed this movie.. I thought it was amazing, but then again I just 'got into it.' I'm glad to hear someone else agrees!

10. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

My cousin directed that movie. :) I love it, too.

11. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Great question! I know many have made me cry, but cannot think of any right now, but will think about it.....

12. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

P.S. I Love You makes me SOB every single time I watch it. UGLY CRY!!!! I'm not posting a part that I cry during. I love this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2bNw1FU9i0"]P.S I Love You - Galway girl - YouTube

13. wcw

wcw Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Stepmom and Notebook almost got me. I got a little emtional. I told my wife on both occasions to never force me into going to a chic flick ever again.

14. RubySoho6

Oh god, Stepmom. I saw that shortly after my mom died. Not a good decision. I didn't cry at the Notebook though.

15. wcw

I don't even remember what it was about notebook that got me feeling a little bad. I guess I felt sorry for the lady, and I thought about how the old guy was so dedicated and how he must have felt about seeing her go through what she was going through, plus not knowing him - Oh great, here I go again...be right back, I have look up some NFL highlights on youtube.

16. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Die Hard with a Vengeance.

17. RubySoho6

hahaha! I didn't see the Notebook until a few years ago. I think when people tell me that I'm going to cry I prepare myself for it so I don't usual cry. I didn't cry during My Sisters Keeper either because I have a "heart of stone" as my friends say. They kept telling me I was going to cry so it became a 'thing'. During the whole movie they kept watching me to wait for a tear. I couldn't cry just so I could prove them wrong. I'm guessing if I would have watched either one of those movies alone for the first time I would have been crying like a baby.

Boyz n the Hood makes me cry every time too.

18. wcw

I've never seen boyz n the Hood. I heard it had an emotional ending.

19. wcw

Oh, I forgot about one. My wife made me watch bridges of Madison Co. I cried after it was over because I paid almost 20 bucks to see it, and I spilled half my popcorn trying to find a comfortable position in my chair.

20. RubySoho6

That was filmed not very far from here. I have been to the actual bridges of Madison County. One of my friends got married on one of them. I don't think I've seen the movie though.