Movies that have scared your A$$ off!

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Jackillin, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

The scariest movies when I was younger were Jaws and Alien. Jaws made me afraid to swim in the ocean for years.

2. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

same here

3. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I saw Jaws when i was 11 years old. Right after that, our family went to Cholla Bay, Mexico. My dad and uncles were way out, chest deep in the water fishing. I was about hip deep in the water. A shark swam between us and i screamed "SHARK!" as i ran out of there. They told me to quit making noise cuz i was scaring the fish or something like that. lol -whatever

I took my wife to see Alien at the theater. She started digging her fingernails into my arm, and was freaking out! She told me to take her home. I told her it's just a movie, and it's fake. She got up and went out the side door. I had to go get her and take her home. Wasted my money. Again, i don't miss her much!

This is pretty funny: Alien in 30 seconds (and re-enacted by bunnies)
    http://www.angryalien.com/0704/alienbunnies.html

Jaws in 30 seconds (and re-enacted by bunnies)
    http://www.angryalien.com/0804/jawsbunnies.asp

4. Gina_

Gina_ Member

The Exorcist remains one of the scariest films ever for me. I still have never seen it from beginning to end. I suppose that has something to do with having read the book too.

Other films that chill me are "Poltergeist" and "The Entity" since I can't see the threat coming.

"The Shinning" still scares me to this day. I can't watch it and go to bed.

"The Ring" was very jarring too.

I still do not swim in the ocean without some degree of anxiety. Or even pools, if you can imagine that. Something about worrying what is below me.

5. Shale

Shale ~

Before I saw Jaws I read the book while traveling in landlocked Afghanistan, 1975. (Traded an English copy of the Koran for a paperback of Jaws - so desperate for something entertaining to read).

It was good that I was nowhere near an ocean. I still don't go out in the ocean. Have a contract with the sharks, they leave me alone on the beach and I leave them alone in the water. Been abiding by that contract for years and it works.

6. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Hey Shale, did you see the land shark skit on SNL that came out after Jaws? lol

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The first time I saw these movies on cable or VHS

Altered States
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre by Tobe Hooper (1974)
    The Exorcist
    Scanners
    The Howling
    Aliens (in the movie theatre)

And Candyman (although If I was candyman I wouldn't haunt the predominately black neighborhood of cabrini green, I’d seek vengeance against whitey and haunt some rich white suburb) :eek:

Hotwater

8. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

WOW, I would have had a heartattack.:D

It's so realistic though. Right after I watched Aliens I remember going outside for a walk in the dark and I kept thinking Aliens were going to pop out of the bushes or something.

Those videos are hilarious! I like when the alien pops out and has bunny ears. lol.

I might have to read the book now.

Shortly after seeing Jaws I went with my family on a vacation to Florida. Whenever we went to the ocean I would only go in like 10-20ft while everyone else was going out a quarter mile. I was seriously afraid for them.

Sounds like a smart contract to me.:D

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The exorcist (watched it alone in the dark as a Kid)
    8 mm (not really scary but disturbing)
    What lies Beneath (Han solo/Indiana Jones in a psychological thriller wtf?)

10. bubbler211

bubbler211 Member

well the only flic that has raised my eye brows is The Ring and its follow up ring 2

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I wish I would've seen The Ring in theaters. I saw it with surround sound which was a plus but my friend who had seen it before kept fucking prompting us for every jumpy scene.:coffee:

12. Twiz

Twiz Member

Nightmare on elm street really scares me. I love it though. I just get scared at the fact that they go after the one thing that everyone knows they are going to do at night. And so I get scared Im gonna fall asleep and then Freddy kills me. lol. >_>

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

My sister lives on Martha’s Vineyard Isl. MA where Jaws was filmed, and the old-timers still talk about the filming of the movie and the part they played as extras [​IMG]

Hotwater

14. Twiz

Twiz Member

Im watching the sixth sense,scared off my ass.

15. spexxx

spexxx Member

Rose Red

16. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Martyrs
    Inside (L'Intruer)

17. Dank Seeker

Dank Seeker Member

It sickens me that Martyrs is being remade for the American audience. Inside is an awesome straight up slasher type film.

For me, Exorcist still scares me every time.
    Prince of Darkness (cheesy now but back in the day very scary)
    Paranormal Activity

18. NepKire

NepKire Member

Haute Tension got my heart going.

19. LetsToastToToast

LetsToastToToast Member

The Human Centipede.
    AND I HAVEN'T EVEN WATCHED THE MOVIE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.
    Only seen the Commercial and let me tell you, sir, i'm definately not about to go and watch that shit :x
    But uh... nothing else really scared me, especially those... paranormal activity movies. I get more scared watching Barney...sigh.

20. Nostromo

Nostromo Member

Jacob's Ladder is pretty scary and creepy in an unsettling way.

Official trailer (that I think it gives away too much):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJztRnDxdM8"]YouTube - Jacob's Ladder (1990) - Official Trailer