Movies that have scared your A$$ off!

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Jackillin, Feb 8, 2009.

1. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Fail

- 2001: A space odessey (while high on DXM)

That's it

2. monkey paw

monkey paw Member

Village of the damned, House on haunted hill, The abominable snowman. The old black and whites. When i was in early grade school. Then it would be The exorcist. Texas chainsaw massacre, Jaws. I saw these first run. In a packed small town old style Biju like theater. The tense energy of the crowd would build up and up and then explode. It was great! What a rush.

3. Dropa Blue

Dropa Blue Member

When I was about 11 years old my cousin took me to the Santee Drive-In to see the original Black Christmas and Larry Cohen's It's Alive. My cousin doesn't like horror pictures, so he walked over to the other screen where his friends were watching one of those Seventies surfing movies. He left me alone in his car and it was raining, so he left the wipers on. They were a bit old, so they squeeked eerily as the movies played. I tell you, I was scared goofy!

The first Alien scared me. So did the original Halloween and Phantasm.

The midnight monster flicks on TV scared me when I was a kid: Dracula, The Mummy, The Wolfman, etc. I LOVE those old Universal movies. Ditto the Hammer pictures.

I also have to agree with those who put Mothman Prophecies on their lists. That creeped me out. So did the book, although John Keel has a rather cheeky writing style.

Se7en was pretty creepy, too.

Oh, and all of the Romero pictures, as well as Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake.

4. IANABIAP

IANABIAP Member

The Blair Witch Project
    Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (when I was a kid.)

5. 420twentyfour7

420twentyfour7 Member

Mothman prophecies good movie plus if you google it will show some unexplained events. I ruined my Blair Witch experience by looking it up on the net and there was a trailer for it so I saw it wasn't real or based on any actual events before I saw it. Slasher movies haven't scared me since I was 13 watchin michael myers or jason or freddy, I still like em though even the cheesy gory ones. I saw the american version of "The Eye" and I thought it was pretty good and it had its scary moments. I guess the most recent movie to scare me was Rob Zombies Halloween, I wanna see the 2nd one so bad.

6. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Only girls get scared. Guys are allowed to only be scared of death or else they're not a man.

7. vgcmxg

vgcmxg Member

The one story from Creepshow that has to do with Cock Roaches.

8. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I would have to say the Saw movies. Not necessarily the movies themselves, but the idea some psycho might copycat them.

9. PeaceInTheStreets

PeaceInTheStreets Member

When I saw the first Grudge in theaters I was pretty scared... I still get scared of The Blair Witch Project..

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I loved that short-story as well [​IMG]

Sometimes they creep up on you :eek:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8lRGZ65pYD4

Hotwater

11. Shale

Shale ~

I'm so glad that I am not phobic of cock roaches (palmetto bug) because you just have to live with 'em here in Florida. I once opened a grate to a water meter and they were inside as thick as in the movie and came running out just like those scenes.

Besides, they are my friends. Everytime I see one in the house I pick it up and throw it outside where it belongs.

However, if you allow yourself to be frightened of them you'll end up like my coworkers who call me frantically to their office. I know what it is when I see an upturned wastebasket in the middle of the floor. They are like that guy in Creepshow. :D

12. vgcmxg

vgcmxg Member

I am that guy from the story. I freak out like a little school girl whenever I encounter a roach. I mean head for the hills screaming. We have them black 'water bugs' in Philadelphia. I would die of heart failure if I lived in Fla.

13. Shale

Shale ~

I was raised in St. Louis and know about waterbugs. Beautiful animals ... so shiny.

Here's a HORROR story for ya. You are laying in bed in your apartment in New Orleans. Old building with 14-foot ceiling you can hear a palmetto bug flying in the room. You know what they sound like when they fly but you can't see where it's at. Then it lands.

Right square on your face :eek:

I say this is a horror story because it actually happened to me. Fortunately I'm more fascinated with palmetto bugs than scared of them, but I can imagine some ppl's hearts stopping at that moment when you heard the flying stop and felt the sharp spiny legs hanging onto your face.

14. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

The original Halloween - Saw it during daylight - still scared the sh** out of me.
    Rosmaries Baby - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh - creepy
    The Shining - Redrum - Redrum - Redrum
    Night of the Living Dead - Ummmmmh - Guts - Ummmmmh

15. Poltergeist 2 is the only movie that scares me anymore 'cause of the old man. IMO he's the scariest thing that ever existed.

[​IMG]

16. 420twentyfour7

420twentyfour7 Member

OMG yea that dude is creepy, I worked at a grocery store and saw an old guy that was the spitting image of this dude. He was tall, lanky, pale, looked like death lol.

17. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

Sorry - off topic - the Libra quote - I'm Libra and that is SOOOOOOO me.

18. vgcmxg

vgcmxg Member

Into the light, into the light.

19. vgcmxg

vgcmxg Member

Man, I'm going to have to take a shower when I get home. EWWWWWW. I knew I shouldn't have read that but it was like when someone says: "Yuck, this is gross, want to try it?" Some of the block I grew up on would be infested with them waterbugs during the summer. They are fast suckers too. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

20. Lizmarie

Lizmarie Member

yeah that one part omg, that was the most scared I have ever been! I think I even started crying.

Also dead silence (in theaters they changed the dvd one to much) i hate ventriloquist dummies!