Movies that have scared your A$$ off!

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Jackillin, Feb 8, 2009.

1. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Haha, SICK!
    Going to see Friday the 13th later tonight. Not gonna cross my fingers, but here's hoping it's not too bad...

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I had a few nightmares over that one [​IMG]

Hope all goes well with the new version of Friday the 13th,

btw: the original way-back-when also opened on Friday the 13th :eek:

Hotwater

3. FireflyInTheDark

I really liked it. Didn't "scare my ass off" lol, but slashers rarely do. It takes something more supernatural to really freak me out...

4. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

I've never been scared of a movie in my entire life, not even when I was a kid

5. YoMama

YoMama Member

"Helter Skelter"

6. March of the Meanies

March of the Meanies Member

When I was real young, Chucky would scare the shit out of me. Whenever I went into Spencers and saw the life sized Chucky dolls I'd freak.

Now a days no movie can really shake me to the core like that. There is a painting that gave me nightmares though. One of the most disturbing things I've ever seen and apparently people commit suicide after seeing it or something. :eek: Lemme go find it

7. March of the Meanies

Alright. Phew..

I found this in an IMDb forum about scary stories or something. (also an awesome thread if you're bored and like scary stories) Its a video but just of this painting. When I went to search for it, I saw the preview shot on the search page and it sent HARD chills down my spine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvprUxxKSE

So creepy

8. FireflyInTheDark

LOL @ HalloweeN theme playing in the bg...
    Yeah, it's a weird painting, but I have seen far weirder, and it doesn't seem scary at all when you read the artist's description of the painting:
    "The artist is Bill Stoneham, the painting title is "Hands Resist Him". Stoneham painted Hands Resist Him in 1972, the boy in the picture being himself, the hands being other lives, the windows/door being a thin veil between waking & dreaming with the small doll like girl being the guide through."

9. March of the Meanies

Lol, maybe it seemed scarier because I saw it after reading stories of people having middle of the night intruder experiences for 6 hours.

10. mscatamaran

mscatamaran Member

for new ones, check out Inside... Its real heavy and creepy, gotta love those French film makers....

11. azaleah

azaleah Member

There aren't many movies that have scared me at all. IT the Clown, Nightmare on Elm street and such, all did when I was younger but now? Not very many.

12. Magpiethief

Magpiethief Guest

Lol Mothman Prophecies was the biggest joke. I remember I was in middle school when I first saw it and me and my friend made a spoof video about it. Totally lame and not scary at all.
    Having that said I think Pet Semetary was pretty scary back in the day. And what was that children under the stairs movie? That was pretty creepy.

13. FireflyInTheDark

Pet Semetary rocks. Pax Cow is mah homeboy.
    I saw The People Under The Stairs with my mom when I was pretty young and I don't remember much of it, but I've been looking to see it again. I remember it being pretty weird, but I don't remember being really scared. It was more of those "dude, cool!" situations, I think. A lot of horror movies are like that for me now, though...
    Some of them are only good for visuals. Silent Hill was one of those for me. It was beautiful, but not really terrifying.

14. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

hitchcock's "birds" was pretty scary

15. Yergl

Yergl Member

The Exorcism of Emily Rose was a bit creepy. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and being too afraid to look at my clock.

16. FireflyInTheDark

Haha, me too! :p

17. Mr Kite

Mr Kite Member

The Exorcist yrs ago.Not now,really.

18. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The first Alien tops my list.

19. gorilla warfare

gorilla warfare Member

It when I was younger, Thinner and They in recent years. I still have nightmares about They. They can't get you if youre under the covers.... :rolleyes:
    :(

20. SamanthaHazelEyes

SamanthaHazelEyes Member

The only types of horror films that seem to get to me now days are the ones from Asia.
    Kwaidan (one of my favorite movies of all time)
    Ju-On
    Ringu
    Inner Senses
    Suicide Club
    A Tale of Two Sisters
    The Demon
    The Eye

It's sad when they try to remake these in America... It just doesn't have the same affect and they turn out cheesy. :(