Movies of Your Youth

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Deleted member 315401, Oct 6, 2020.

1. What movies do you remember watching when you were young?
    And if you want to tell us....
    What did you think of it then and/or what is your opinion of it now?

The Lost Boys was one of my favorites, I saw it on Saturday afternoon movies several years after it had been released and watched it whenever it came on TV. I have since bought a dvd of it but I never watch it because it looks so funny to me now.

I also loved the movie Overboard and still enjoy watching it from time to time. It was my favorite movie for a long time.

Pete's Draggin' and Scottishdk like this.
  2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh dear darlin' - ever so young. The films of my youth you would probably regard as positively ancient !!!

The Dambusters
    Reach for the sky
    Sink the Bismarck
    The Vikings
    Bridge on the River Kwai
    Carve her name with pride

As you will observe, all these are 'war' films, but that was because people's experiences of war, were still very fresh in their minds as I was growing up, it wasn't history but what happened only a few years previously.

MoonGoddess likes this.
  3. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That Gary Cooper classic...High Noon. Try a little and you can still hear the beat of the theme song.

4. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

5. Even the VoiceOver for the trailer sounds to dated, lol. Still a good movie, I think I am going to watch it tonight. :)

Pete's Draggin' and Scottishdk like this.
  6. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

7. I'm going to have to watch that again...I remember seeing it but I hardly remember what happened in it:)
    Did you notice at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Howard the duck appeared in the Easter egg?

Scottishdk likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I remember the advent of VHS - barely, but I recall getting a VCR. :sunglasses:

I had a friend who was super duper into HBO cable, VCRs, and taping stuff. His fam was really cinema oriented, and it wasn't a really familial occasion-ish type of thing. I mean, I'm sure they went out to the theater sometimes. Usually though, it was a smoke filled house with a Nintendo entertainment system in his room, and a small dog or something. :D I don't think I'm conveying this adequately. It was an interesting childhood for him I would surmise. His dad was not around, but his mom was an interesting woman. And her boyfriends were pretty cool. One of them made food or taught him to cook breakfast or some kind of thing, and anyway...

I remember a really John Hughes-y vibe. And my whole life turned into a slapstick romcom Ferris Bueller daydream. LOL :D What a trip.

Yeah, "Ferris Buellers Day Off" was one to remember. It was out in '86, but I probably didn't see it until 1991. Oh, and "Ghostbusters". :blush:

And "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure". ;)

MoonGoddess likes this.
  9. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

I did and wonders of they will remake rhis:smiley:

MoonGoddess likes this.
  10. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Fatel instinct. First sex scene I ever saw. Funny enough my Auntie put it on when I slept over.

MoonGoddess likes this.
  11. You mean Fatal Attraction or Basic Instinct, they are 2 separate movie but they are from the same time frame.

Alonso376 and Scottishdk like this.
  12. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Haha, yes Basic Instinct.

MoonGoddess likes this.
  13. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

1st film saw in the cinema on my own images (1).jpeg

Pete's Draggin' and MoonGoddess like this.
  14. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

w
    Watched it again lately and crazy how it didn't give the same effect as the first timee. Lol

MoonGoddess likes this.
  15. I still haven't seen it but we do own it on DVD.

Scottishdk likes this.
  16. I had that on VHS until a few years ago but we needed the room so all the VHS had to go.
    I liked that one, I remember being annoyed when they did the remake.

Scottishdk likes this.
  17. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

I would have liked to see a remake. I think I have 1 or 2 VHS tapes kicking around, I think they hold something up now lol

MoonGoddess likes this.
  18. I don't remember the first thing I saw without parental supervision but I do remember being only 3 or 4 when they took me to see Goonies in the theater and I slept through most of it. :)

Scottishdk likes this.
  19. I remember all of those! Although "Ferrris Bueller's Day Off" I didn't see until later, I was probably in my 20's the first time I saw it.

soulcompromise and Scottishdk like this.
  20. Your wish is my command:)

They made the Dark Knight Trilogy as a batman remake in 2005, 2008, and 2012 but it looks like a new remake will be coming out next year. Here is that trailer.

Scottishdk likes this.
Tags: