Movie You First Watched

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Irminsul, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Wizard of Oz could have been up there as a first too. :D

I've never seen the sound of music.

I only know farewell farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye. But only from cartoons like Family Guy. So not sure if that's even the sound of music lol.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The first movie I went to see in a theater was Walt Disney's "Cinderella". I must've been about 5 years old.

1 person likes this.
  3. PunchDrunkKitten

PunchDrunkKitten borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

The first movie I remember watching was also my first trip to the theater on a Daddy Daughter outing when i was four or five. These outings for just my father and i were a rarity, and therefore very special to me because my dad is my best friend to this day.

We went to see "Titan AE" which is an amazing animated film about the destruction of Earth scattering humanity across the cosmos, and one scientists son with a genetically encrypted map leading to a hidden ship that holds the dna for every living organism from our planet as well as a core reactor capable of jump starting the formation of a new planet. The son joins a team led by one of his father's coworkers to find the ship, and save humanity before the alien race responsible for blowing up our world do.

The animation is something akin to the original Appleseed, the sound track is on point, and Matt Damon voices the main character.

All in all it was, and still is my ultimate favorite movie. I reccomend, or force as applicable, everyone i can to watch it as well as having plans to get lyrics from one of the feature songs tattooed on my ribs

4. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I've been told that when I was 5, my parents took me to the drive-in to see Dr. Strangelove.

I enjoyed the shooting and all, but i couldn't understand why they were laughing so much.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

james brolin is in my area atm...not sure why but they do film a lot of low budget shit around here

1 person likes this.
  6. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Yeah Darby O'Gill and the little People and The parent Trap Were Two Good Movies
    I had a Major Crush on Hayley Mills aswell

First Movie I saw at The Cinema ! My Aunty took me to See the Tommy Steele Story

[​IMG]

7. morpheus85

morpheus85 Members

Hard to remember, if cartoons count then pokemon movie was probably the first one

8. gingeroot

gingeroot Members

The first movie I remember seeing was The Last Unicorn.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

The shaggy detective or pippy Longstockings is the oldest I remember. There was others that I don't remember.

10. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Probably The Cat and the Canary starring Bob Hope and Paulette Goddard.
    (or The Ghost Breakers starring the same people)
    But that was a looooooong time ago.

http://youtu.be/BOhcbtkCHtE

11. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Either Neverending Story 2, Home Alone, Batman Returns, or King Kong.

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I seem to remember seeing a star wars movie in a theater or at a drive through when I was very little. I think it was either "The Empire Strikes Back" or "Return of the Jedi".

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I remember Jaws was the first movie I saw on VHS. I was like three. Great parenting, mom.

And the first movie I ever saw in the theater was the re-release of Snow White. I don't recall how young I was. Probably 5-6 I imagine.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, drive-ins.

When we got our first VHS player, early 80s sometime and started watching some movies, I realised I had seen some of these movies a lot earlier, with definite flashbacks of being in the drive-in with the crappy sound of those speakers you stick in your windows, the cold, and the usually ,much bigger screens than you'd get in theatres at the time

The scene in The Good Bad, The Ugly when Tuco is dragging Clint through the desert, The end of the African Queen, when they hit the torpedo, and the X-wing / Imperial Walker scene in Empire

soulcompromise likes this.
  15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There's no way I can remember since I started going in 1945. I could take a dollar, get a hamburger and a milkshake, buy an ass pocket full of tooth shortener and get in the little movie house for 12 cents. Saturdays were double feature cowboy movies ----Gene Autry, The Durango Kid, Roy Rogers,etc. The movies on the other days are now looked at as classics, like Tobacco Road, My My Man Godfrey, Grapes of Wrath, Lots of musicals, a cartoon, 1 or 2 short subjects. No TV then, and news shows were on radio. WE oldies really got our moneys worth back then.
    (I was the only kid let in with sunflower seeds , because I ate hulls and all. They stuck to the floor when spit out!)

MeAgain likes this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

??? Whats tooth shortener?

17. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Young frankenstein and superman

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

VG---my version of candy----

19. lion1978

lion1978 The King

First movie I remeber seeing was E.T

20. When I was three my parents took me to Return of the Jedi, and that's the first movie I remember. Back in the day the local theater went all out for movies, and I still remember all the colored lightbulbs flashing and someone's painting of Jabba the Hut on the window. The next movie I remember is ET, but I remember I slept through the whole thing in the theater. Back then poor people like us had to rent a VCR as well as a tape if we wanted to watch a movie on the TV at home. The VCR would come in this big bag like the kind they carry pizzas in to keep them warm, and they loaded from the top, which was kind of interesting. I think I must have been around five when my dad rented Jaws. All the kids, though, we were always fans of Neverending Story, Labyrinth, and things like that. It seems like the TV was always playing one of those movies. The early 80s were a sweet time to be alive. But definitely Star Wars, because I always thought my dad was Darth Vader.