Mouth swab test?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by hippiemomma22, Sep 29, 2013.

1. hippiemomma22

hippiemomma22 Member

I am applying for a new job and they do a mouth swab drug test. What is a mouth swab drug test? How far back can they go? I stopped smoking about a week ago.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

A week is plenty of time. I know people who smoked the day before and passed. Mouth tests can only test for the last 24 hours. It's the piss and hair tests that can go back a while.

3. hippiemomma22

hippiemomma22 Member

They piss test too but she's willing to hold off on that. They need a clean swab test and piss test.

4. unfocusedanakin

They are doing both? That makes no sense. They want to test you for 24 hours then test you further.

The piss test will tell them more so the mouth swab is just an extra cost. I would bet if you pass one they may not do the other.

If your not a daily smoker a week could be enough time to pass but it depends on your metabolism. You can buy detox drinks at head shops but some work, some do not. I have not needed one recently so maybe someone else can recommend a good one.

5. hippiemomma22

hippiemomma22 Member

They do two because its healthcare. I don't quite understand why they do both either. She knows I smoke and knows everyone there smokes. But legally they have to have a clean UA on file. As long as I pass the mouth swab she is willing to wait a little bit on the UA.

6. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

You should be good for the swab test already, and you'll be clean for the urine test in a few weeks.

7. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

brush your teeth before hand and you'll for sure pass.

every one at my company passed a mouth swab ;)

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What a looney country you live in where it becomes normal to comply to shitty things like this.

9. unfocusedanakin

And in places where weed is legal you can still be denied a job for testing positive. Employers can still go by federal law.