Motorcycle gangs

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I am curious as to what type of motorcycles were involved in the incident in OP.

"Crotch Rockets"?

"Choppers"?

What type of bikes?

2. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

not sure what diff the bikes make ?

(probably harleys, cause they were called biker gangsters and thats what most people think makes a motorcycle gang, riding harley davidsons)

so maybe i can just say this... it's not ALWAYS one way or the other... it's almost always grey. here's a taste of what it's like just to try to go to work on an efficent mode of transport...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE2xNtjJeC0"]Avoiding idiots on the daily commute to work - dublin - YouTube

the question is, don't "motorcycle gangsters" have the right to drive on public roads just like the rest of us?

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I was rear ended on one of my bikes a few years back. Knocked me out and stuff, but I held no ill will toward the idiot that hit me, although he was high, drinking, had no license or insurance and didn't own the car.

I did almost have to sue him to get paid back for damages to the bike and the ambulance ride.

I don't ride much anymore.

[​IMG]

4. Aerianne

Because, at least where I live, different types of people ride different types of bikes in groups.

I see small groups on the race bikes.

I see clubs on the big motorcycle cop type bikes.

I see mostly lone riders on the chopped type bikes.

She said it looked like gang activity and I'm curious what kind of bikes they were riding...

that's why.

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You won't catch a Hells Angel or a Mongol riding a crotch rocket. And when one is around them--it's best to mind the Ps and Qs. They DO NOT fight one on one. You fuck with one---as many as can get to you will stomp you into the ground. I've seen it. Sociopaths. Definately. Psychopaths--a certain percentage. It's best to treat them as you would treat cops=have nothing to do with them.

6. Aerianne

The Outlaws ride the old school Harleys but they really don't make their presence known by riding in groups on a day to day basis.

I did see club vests with Black Outlaws on them...I don't really remember what they were riding...I think the big cop Harleys.

7. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

why not? :grouphug:

why say "at least where you live" ?
    is that a place where a different type of people ride different types of bikes in groups because that's all they know? or... just have to fit in no matter what, whether or not it's their passion or has any meaning beyond commercial brainwashing ala OCC and Jesse James? that's called wearing a costume. a poseur. or where i live, a squid.

ever been to St. Louis? i see big groups on race bikes all the time where i live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2n4nm8F2Wk"]Ride Of The Century 2011 ROC Street Bike Stunts Blox Starz Bloxstarzlifestyle.com - YouTube

they're everywhere, true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5fqvzwk99c"]Motorcycle Ride - BMW group ride via PCH to Ventura Harbor, CA - YouTube

I see mostly lone riders on the chopped type bikes.

"chopped" is a wide definition these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUo30JiwyqE"]The Chopper Couture Story Part 1 & 2 - YouTube

and all i was asking is what does the kind of bike have to do with "gang activity"​

8. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I think it's a valid question, the op probably wouldn't have called it a 'motorcycle gang' if it had been a bunch of guys on gixxers and R1s.

Also, I know they are both on tv but you can't compare OCC to jesse james. At least from the perspective of a mechanic/fabricator.

9. Aerianne

That's what I was trying to ascertain.

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I have no idea who she saw but I had a good friend (who died years ago of an o.d.) who had been a member of a prominent motorcycle gang...(Pagans).... when he died the detective I spoke to was asking me a lot of questions about that biker gang. I'm not sure why because his death had nothing to do with them and I said so (I lived upstairs and was the one who found.. okay, smelled..the body and called the cops)... but anyways, I do have a point and that point is... my friend, I trusted him totally and wasn't afraid at all. I knew he could get shit done if necessary but him or his friends didn't mess w people for no reason...esp. females. Basically you would have had to do something for them for them to fuck you up.

11. Aerianne

I can understand the riders being very angry if the van driver did something mindless and unsafe. Probably, they've lost friends in accidents caused by careless motorists. I don't think thug behavior is good but I can understand how they might have felt. Vigilantes exist but we're supposed to be more civilized than that now.

Here's the accident in which I lost my future son in law.

[​IMG]

12. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

pm Aeri.

:love:

13. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

I've seen biker gangs that drove "crotch rockets" but they are very different from the traditional "chopper gangs" that are normally associated with biker gangs. These guys represented more of a latino "clean cut" look, not quite cholos but not regular civilians either. They would show up at clubs and parties were image was important.

One day I saw about 30 of them beat 1 guy to a bloody pulp at a backyard party. This wasn't some random attack however, he did them wrong in some way. I remember somebody telling me what he did, but it was so long ago I can't remember. But I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with a girl.

14. Norcal

Norcal Member

I lived in an area where there was a high concentration of Hells Angels, even meeting a couple very high ranking members. Most of them you wouldnt even know they were involved in a club unless they told you, real laid back. With a few exceptions of course.

You would have really fuck up for them to come after you, but when it comes down to it they will always think slightly less of you if your not riding with the same patch as them.

3-4 years ago I was driving on the 5 through Oregon and saw 5-6 guys on harleys surrounding a ford taurus and harassing him. They ran him off the road onto a very short off ramp, where the taurus proceeded to drive off the curve not making the turn. looked like the guy went off the ramp going atleast 45 mph into a ditch. The bikes slowed down but didnt stop.
    People in groups of any kind have the potential to be assholes.

15. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

This^^^

Go's for all 1% outlaw bike gangs.

1 %, outlaw biker definitions;
    http://forgivenbiker.homestead.com/terminology-definitions.html

16. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m5aRpQmiGc"]John Lennon, Plastic Ono Band, Full Album (HQ) - YouTube

17. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

I'm part of a badass MC and we fuck shit up all the time

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

......:biker:

Cheers Glen.

19. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

:love:

20. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

You won't catch a Hells Angel or a Mongol riding a crotch rocket. And when one is around them--it's best to mind the Ps and Qs. They DO NOT fight one on one. You fuck with one---as many as can get to you will stomp you into the ground. I've seen it."

I have been riding now for 45 years , even in snow country , mostly Velocettes and Ducati, got lots of good friends but seen the scene changed.
    About 20 years back i was talking to someone at a party , private conversation which was cool and a young patch thug overheard or misheard something and thought he would lay into me.
    I had this kid on the ground pinned down and told him to back off!
    Anyway it was pretty strange sort of tustle when you realise you have to take on his dumb mates .
    I ran pretty quick and left!!
    Who needs this shit??

No fair fight.
    I love bikes but no clubs.