Motivation

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Candy Gal, May 9, 2019.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The brain evolved to empower our cells and senses to come to agreement on what to ignore, even if they couldn't agree on what to pay attention to. Learning what to ignore becomes a life-long process for them, and they must be held and loved in order to figure out what to pay attention to as well. Essentially, their body often decides what to ignore, such as minor pains, while their mind must learn how to decide what to pay attention to and what can be trusted. When mind and body are in total agreement, a newborn babe sleeping in your arms, they occupy the lowest possible energy state that empowers them to develop optimally.

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I have come to believe that you can't really rely on motivation, since sometimes it is there, and sometimes it isn't. It's unreliable.

There are just things that I know I want to do, or need to do, or will find joy in doing (whether while I am doing them or afterwards) and I just do them. Motivation aside.

3. wooleeheron

What motivates your belief.

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

running taught me to be more like that.
    i go through phases of being relaxed about it, but also phases of making arbitrary lengths of time where i have to run on certain days. and it's so easy, because i don't have to think about whether i'm motivated or in the mood.. i've already decided, and i just do it.

5. I find running very meditative.

Driftrue likes this.
  6. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

A very sensible approach, life throws many problems at us this increases Adrenaline, Cortisol, Norepinephrine: The Three Major Stress Hormones.
    The best way to act is to burn of those hormones.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

but isn't knowing that you need to do them your source of motivation then? motivation isn't just doing something because you feel like it, it's whatever makes you do it. if nothing motivates you to do something, then it doesn't get done. if someone points a gun to my head and tells me to run a mile, that's a pretty strong source of motivation even though i would never actually want to run a mile.

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I suppose my point was mostly a semantic one. I often hear people complain: "I don't want to work out, I have no motivation." "I don't feel like cleaning today, I'm not motivated." "I could eat healthy, but I don't feel like it." It makes me think that if we all waited until we felt like doing something, not much would ever get accomplished.

Driftrue likes this.
  9. wooleeheron

LOL, I know people who feel burdened by having to flush the damned toilet. Their feelings are all they have left, because they are totally out of touch with reality and have forgotten the damned remote is still in their fat hand.

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

coffee? :D

wooleeheron likes this.
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

an ounce of consideration is worth a ton of productivity. even if some productivity is a necessity of survival.
    far less is required by survival then by greed.

what is produced is far more important to the kind of world you have to live in, then how much of it.

so motivation, like productivity, you need to consider and really analyze what it is that it is motivating,
    and whether that is helping or hurting what it is that you really want.

12. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Pearls of wisdom.So very true.