Motivation

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Candy Gal, May 9, 2019.

1. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I guess many things can be motivational. Books and movies have done it in the past for me. Showing you what is possible.

2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Examples? Please.

3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Contrary to popular belief, the human brain actually resembles an FM radio more than a computer, and only evolved to resemble a computer as a way to deal with noise. A baby will put anything in its mouth, while the lonely sea slug cruises the largely barren mid-ocean floor tasting everything it comes across to see whether it should attempt to eat it, mate with it, run from it, or ignore it and, of these four choices, efficiently deciding what to ignore is the only practical use for its pathetic excuse for a brain. Our brains evolved so that our sense could agree upon what to ignore. Half of life is just showing up, while the other half is knowing what is worth ignoring.

A great Jedi feels the force flow through him, thus he finds the motivation to remain regular! And avoids getting caught up shit creek without a paddle!

4. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Men of Honor, Soul Surfer, and Conversations with God i found to be highly motivational. Where passion and determination exceeded physical limitations. Where loss had them look deeper to reach their own potential.

As for books. Any that makes you really think and question. And examine your life. Though lately i haven't been much of a reader.

5. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I appreciate your reply and thank you.

6. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I get motivated when I see a Pub.
    This motivates me to go and have a few beers.
    Does this count?:grinning:

7. wooleeheron

Only if you don't piss people off!

8. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I don't think I have ever pissed anyone off in my whole life wooleeheron.
    I am a so easy going and a none confronting person you would not believe it.:grin:
    I want to hug and be nice to everyone around me.
    Particularly after a few beers!

wooleeheron likes this.
  9. wooleeheron

Excellent, never take out your light saber unless you need to relieve yourself!

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

there is some truth to this for me too i guess. i just feel much less stressed if i don't have stuff on my plate that i haven't taken care of, so that motivates me to get stuff taken care of.

themnax likes this.
  11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I get motivated because if I don't I'm just wasting my life away and i don't like that.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Driftrue likes this.
  13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Hey woolee, I wondered where you had gone recently. I'm excited about your excitement.

I think life is all love and pleasure.
    I'm motivated by those things. Doing certain chores might not seem pleasurable but there is usually a secondary pleasure, at least.

If there is no pleasure in any part of something I probably won't do it. I can make life feel pleasurable pretty much anywhere, by doing certain breathing.. Or this thing where you "feel your body from the inside" that I read in a meditation. Those things can be done while I'm doing something I don't want to do. But yeah, I don't do much that I don't want to do.

wooleeheron likes this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the problem with motivation, is what does it motivate you for, and is the world any better off for you having been? or even yourself for that matter.
    if anyone wants to think gratification comes from accumulation, fine, that's up to them,
    but when they still feel something is missing from their lives, i'll give them a hint, it isn't more accumulation and it isn't 'religion' either.
    its creating and exploring from their own imagination.

15. Visexual

Visexual Member

I can't remember ever needing motivation. Procrastination is probably the only negative term that I've never been labeled with. My motto has always been, "I'd rather do it, as to dread it".

Irminsul likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes! Exactly!

17. wooleeheron

Newborn babes will even die within days if not held and loved, I suppose because life has too much love and pleasure, but I'm working on helping people create more.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't believe that. Maybe some babies, but I also don't believe it's because they're not being held. I've seen those igloos babies get put in, in the hospitals. Like a new born baby farm room for rest.

19. wooleeheron

You are correct, and not all newborns will die from not being held and loved, however, they all tend to be diagnosed with a "failure to thrive" and are much less likely to ever reproduce. Every hospital in the world, now has volunteers who hold the babies.

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It’s hard to believe but skin-to-skin contact for a newborn baby is vital for his/her physical well-being