Motivation for revision?!>

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Graham, May 17, 2004.

1. Graham

Graham Member

How the hell do you people manage to revise? i never had to revise for my gcse's or anything i just fluked them, but now if i dont revise il fail my AS exams because i basicly know nothing. IVe been off school for a week now and mannaged half a page of work. i know that if i do no work ill fail just i cant get motivated, i will do anything not to work. I dont know how many times yesterday i went to sit on the toliet seat for no reason....

Help!

2. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

That's what they all say :p

No reason my arse :p

3. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

dont smoke weed, cos thats what im doing, and my motivation has totally gone! and i've an exam tommorow!

4. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Well I'm one of those people who crams like mad in the last week...but I just think to myself...hmm...if I get good grades then I can get people to buy me drinks down the pub/give me money :p

*budding capitalist at heart me* :p

5. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Well the biggest distraction from revising for me was the bloody forums! I could always ban you until your exams are over:p Should have banned myself last year! But I did revise. Had two exams in each subject. So I basically just took on to revising an entire exam topic each night for all the exams for two weeks. I wouldn't sleep till I'd covered the whole topic with a fresh set of notes. Usually stated up till 4 or 5 am with unlimited cups of coffee and cigaretted allowed. This worked brilliantly for passing my exams, but it did get me addicted to the cigs, and I still haven't quit....

6. xZx

xZx Member

SHHHHHH! dont mention the exam word! if i pretend ive forgotten i dont have to revise!!!!.....stupid AS levels.....:(

7. Hippy_Smurf

Hippy_Smurf Member

My friend gave me the best motivation ever - sent me a link for the Oxford University website and then told me to get my arse off the computer and get to my desk to do some German revision. I love that guy.

Put the fear of god into yourself somehow. Imagine how it'd feel to open your results and see a row of big fat U's.

Get workin'!

8. Summertime

Summertime Member

Don't forget to relax too, though. Don't wanna be too exhausted to take the exams! :)

Summer. xx.

9. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

i alwayz try 2 revise, but my guitar alwayz call out 2 me and i cnt resist. im just 2 stuk in2 my musik, thats the biggest destraction. and mayb sometimes im 2 layd bak cus like think that im not stressin myself out 4 anything

10. akhc

akhc Member

it's hard.. I always used to sit down and ask myself if this was really what I wanted to do.. and the bottom line is only u can answer it.

the problem is as a teenager sometimes your direction in life is unclear.. in which case I can only suggest that revising and getting good grades will keep more options open for u. ultimately though it boils down to a question of ambition and self-motivation.

11. Graham

Graham Member

dam :) that might be a problem seeing as i have no clue what i want to do or anything.. i have just been going with the flow....

12. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

shit i've got an exam in....1 hr 20min and im farting about online...ahh the life...plus i've run outta coffee!

13. Graham

Graham Member

My dad was my motivation for my GCSE's he said i would fail and shit cus i am lazy.. stupid.. ignorant... bla bla bla. So i got mad with him and i was like ill show that wanker.. and i did :D and got really good results for me, but now he thinks i am smart so i have motivation to prove him wrong...

Dam i need my dad to be mean to me again :'(

14. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

ino wat i wana b tho... iv alwayz wantd 2 hav a career in webdesign, so 4 me i dnt think thats the problem.

15. JOsie

JOsie Member

i got told that if i didn't pass my gcse's with good grades i might as well start living on the streets now because my life will be over if i can't get into a college...and then a uni...and then get a good job and so on and so forth...

it didn't make me revise...but i did fluke good grades...and all the wankers who just farted about i school and did very badly on their exams aren't living on the streets...i kind of feel cheated...

16. Man_In_A_Shed

Man_In_A_Shed Member

seriously? i thought you were planning on winning spelling competitions for the rest of your life.

17. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

lol. shut up! im soz, but i cnt b bothrd 2 rite clear.. aslong as i get my point across i dnt rly giv a fuk! that is unless im in a exam of corse

18. Man_In_A_Shed

Man_In_A_Shed Member

but i can't take you seriously, so you don't get your point across. It takes so much longer to read and understand, stick to using real words!

19. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

hm.. suppose ther will not b any harm in doin that. but u seemd 2 understand enough 2 reply

20. miabubble

miabubble Member

40% of people failed Higher English (like A-level) last year becasue they wrote in text speak in their essays. They didn't do it on purpose, just out of habit because they wrote like that all the time 'to save time.'

unless you wanna fail, get learning to write properly. Jamie's right, no one is going to ake you sseriously if you talk in text speak.