Mother Natures Planet

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by purcolekraze, Jan 26, 2005.

1. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

Mother Nature invited us into this planet we call home and all we can do to thank her is destroy it with our pollution and cutting of trees. WEll, mother nature is in payback mode. She sent that tsunami, she caused that mudslide in california, she caused those hurricanes and she caused that recent blizzard that attacked the North east unites states. Did anyone find it suspicious that all of those events occured around the same time? Well I caught on and I'm going to make a difference, not today, not tomorrow, but someday. I'm going to pay mother nature back for all that she has done for us. She is so beautiful and she has beautiful children, she is the sun, the trees, the flowers, the hills, hte mountains, the Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, etc. We are her children and we need to pay her back or else Global warming is going to come sooner than we think.

2. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

you say that like it was intentional. Like the rocks are angry, the air molecules unhappy. Shit happens, and it's bad for us because we've thrown the system we were adapted to out of whack. We tried to change things, cut down trees to farm, burned coal and oil, diverted rivers. These things have unintended consequences. It's only suspiciously "occuring at the same time" because of greater news coverage. Right now there are hundreds of lightning storms, dozens of volcanoes going off, there is an earthquake (averaging around 6 on the richter scale) every few minutes. The earth is an active place, but it isn't retaliation.....

3. kayy

kayy Member

Trippin: but u have a too narrow view of everything... U just use this tiny little bit of brain called logic... Go beyond that, and you'll feel and understand new dimensions... It's funny, I was in thailand last year, and was really angry with all this turism, because now it's no longer the backpackers going there, but the people wanting to spend a 2 weeks holliday at the beach in a luxuy resort.... OK, I KNOW it's NOT the reason the tsunami hit thailand.... But still, there is this kid of feeling that mother earth is telling us "stop raping me, stop using me for money"... I think that in the future we'll have to think in a new way...

4. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

Thank you kayy for defending me. At least you understand.

5. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

kraze I know exactly what u mean. And yes people need to start thinking outside the box, just because its mainstream, or accepted by the majority doesnt make it true, look 400 years ago everyone knew the world was flat and the earth was the center of everything, that was mainstream, all it took was one person to question that. Yup

6. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Well, she's doing a poor job retaliating if she can only attack the poorer regions, rather than go after the people who are causing the rape. Maybe the tsunami should have hit NYC, Tokyo, London, and the Chinese coast.

I just don't buy that the earth is a thinking entity and is angry. The gaia concept is fine and good, I'm down with interconnectivity and all that, but when you start saying the earth is conscious, well, sorry, you're gonna have to do better than that. I don't just rely on logic, but logic is included in my world view, just like everyone elses.

By the way, people have known the world is round for thousands of years. It's a myth that they thought it was flat in Colombus' era. It was common knowledge by then that the world was a sphere.

7. element7

element7 Random fool

Someday? I admire the passion here but why can't it be right now. There are so many simple everyday things a person can do.

8. TheLizardQueen

TheLizardQueen horny for knowledge

I can totally see your point of view. We've pushed the Earth to it's breaking point, and now it won't take any more. Were there ever disasters like this 50 years ago? 25 years ago? No, we're just getting more and more destructive.

9. XriseXupX

XriseXupX Member

i also noticed this.. and i think we need to change right now
    we all need to do something today instead of later
    and we all need to make more people see what's going on

10. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Ever heard of pompei? that was WAAAAAY back in the day.

11. GoingHome

GoingHome Further Within

Sometimes a face/personality makes abstract concepts like interconnected systems of species, personality traits (archetypes?) and such easier for people to understand.
    Although, I agree...WE are the cause of much of our own suffering...
    isn't it a fine line between 'nature' and 'humanity'. Perhaps the depression, anxiety, and frustrated boredom some 'urban people' feel IS Mother Nature(?)
    Are we splitting hairs here or what?

12. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

I am with Kraze on this one

13. GoingHome

GoingHome Further Within

Everyones a fucking poet!!

14. austin69

austin69 Member

Its true, we really need to focus on ways to stop polluting and promote recycling. But nobody thinks that the earth is going to be destroyed. All this beauty will be gone because of us.