Mother and Mothers to be...Brag here!!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by SexyDreads, May 13, 2004.

1. enigma_rising

enigma_rising Member

hey everyone, im currently 17 weeks and three days pregnant with my first baby, and so far things have been a bit tough, ive been in and out of hospital since i was 5 weeks with threatened miscarrige, ie lots of pain and some spoting early on, suspected ectopic pregnancy and hyperemisis (severe vomiting ie even sips of water come up) which is utterly miserable and due to that fears about the babies health as it can be a sign of malformation. and now have suspected symphisis pubis disorder, so am getting a little tierd really. on the plus side ive now been told my sickness is not due to any problem with the little ones health, i just have ridiculously high hormone levels, which is probably why i didnt have a miscarrige (yay) baby is growing well and has all the right bits so far and the sickness is lessening slightly and being controlled by medication, not ideal as it can cause problems but its keeping me eating and out of hospital so im happy! even better i felt it move for the first time on my birthday on monday so thats a nice gift! Am finally starting to feel the nice bits.

There have been times so far when ive wondered if i can get through it all but i wouldnt give this baby up for the world. i began to search the internet for some reassurance and found some great articles and testimonies from mums who went through a tough times but who came through to have wonderful children and turned my attitude around, as it had seemed to me for a long time that my pregnancy was an illness and i was feeling empty, it was only when i started to try to connect with the baby that i really began to enjoy being pregnant, and felt like maybe just maybe i could be the mum my baby needed after all. when the pregnancy is so medicalised it can be hard to feel the spiritual aspects of what is happening, and its so important, im still looking for ways to explore it but ive begun and its helped me feel hugely positive towards the baby that for a while was just making me ill.

sorry that turned into a bit of a rant but feels good to have it there, lol.

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Sorry to hear that, but its nice to hear things are turning around! Good luck to you and your little one!

3. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

Well I have 4 kids. With each one I had severe hyperemesis, my first I lost 30 lbs. She is almost 9 now. My last one ( he is 15 months) was 4 weeks early and spent 3 weeks in the hospital. Now I have 4 very healthy highly active children. Has your doctor suggested phenergen? You can take it in a pill or suppository(sp) and in extreme cases, through an IV. That is the only way the vomiting stopped for me. It makes you sleepy but after about a week, you won't need it and your stomach returns to normal.

4. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

Oh goody (claps) bragging. Yaaayyy. My 9 year old is Deja, she is very quiet, bright, sweet, and self-concious about her teeth. My 5 year old is Nya and she is like no one I have ever met in life. Nobody that meets Nya forgets her. I expect great things from her. My 4 year old is Tre and he is all boy. He is also the most sensitive of the 4. And my baby is Jordan, he is 15 months and a handful. He was crying today while I was at my comp. I ran in the kitchen to find him standing in a chair completely covered in strawberry syrup. Apparently he tried to drink it and lost control of the bottle. He was crying because his eyelids were stuck open.lol

5. Earthy Mama

seeing pictures of your kids gave me a big ear to ear grin fontella! They are absolutely beautiful! They all look so happy and loving. Your 15 month old sounds like my 8 month old. No one eats like this kid... hes a freakin' tank. lol

6. MamaDee26

MamaDee26 Member

Here's a few pictures of my lil man Joe Joe. He's my pride, my joy, my sunshine, and my life. I can't even imagine life without him in it. Even when I've had the worst day in the world, he always brightens it up.
    I just wanted to also let the people that posted pics of their kids know that they are so beautiful and you should be very proud to have such a beautiful family.

Peace, Light, & love,
    Mama Dee

7. Earthy Mama

awww! he is so handsome! I love baby pics. :)

8. MamaDee26

MamaDee26 Member

Thanks Eartyh Mama. I love all baby pictures and I love taking pictures of babies. I'm a photographer and that's all I usually take pictures of is kids.

9. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Miss Fontella, your kids are beautiful! I love the one with your daughter in the pink with her face all scrunched up. She is precious!

MamaDee, you have a beautiful boy, too! He is soo cute!

10. MamaDee26

MamaDee26 Member

Thank you.:D :D :D

11. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

These kids are all so cute. But you know I couldn't pass up a chance to post pics of my little guy. We always say that we took all the "cute" out of Guatemala when we adopted him.

Kathi

12. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

haha waht a sweetheart. O love his lil clothes too. Did you make the tie die one?

13. Earthy Mama

aww hes prescious... I wonder how Guatemala is doing without all their cute.. :)

14. mamasoul

mamasoul Member

awwww, i love seeing all the pictures! i wish i had a more recent one, but here's my little mama a month or so ago.....

15. Earthy Mama

Shes so beautiful! And BTW, Croixs still looking for a little girlfriend...lol!

16. MamaDee26

MamaDee26 Member

MamaSoul, you are going to have all the little boys knocking at you door for her. It is Unbelieveable how cute she is. If you go back a page your future son-in-law is there under MamaDee26.

Peace, light, & love,
    Mama Dee

17. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Awww! I just want to squeeze their little cheeks!! My 5 yr old is finally losing her baby chubby cheeks and I am so sad! I don't want her to grow up! The chubby cheeks and chubby butt are the absolute cutest things on my babies. It makes them that much more kissable and squeeeezable!

18. firebird

firebird Member

Everyone's babies are soooo cute. I can't wait! I am two months...

19. mamasoul

mamasoul Member

thanks earthy mama and mamadee! mamadee, i already have to fight off the guys....she is such a little flirt! TROUBLE!

i want to see more baby pics, keep em comin!

20. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

Mamasoul...your little one is soooo cute! Love the hair!!

Man, I havent been on here in a while...

All your children are so cute!! I hope they are doing well and are all very happy!