Most scary movie.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by JPN2, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Has anybody seen The Mist?

Eric! and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Excellent movie [​IMG]

I read the novella The Mist when it came out in the Stephen King collection Skeleton Crew back in 85 and as a kid it scared the heck out of me.
    When the book was finally brought to the big screen in 2007 I wasn’t disappointed, Frank Darabont who also directed my all-time favorite movie
    The Shawshank Redemption came through again.

Can’t wait for his screen adaptation of the Stephen King novella The Long Walk

Hotwater

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I remember Tremors freaked me out as a kid, so much so I remember refusing to go in the sand pit. Also we had stairs in our first place so watching nightmare on elm Street when they run up the stairs and it's like glue, lol.

But the scariest shit ever on TV was the theme song to unsolved mysteries and that lurch fellas voice. That'd make me scared.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I also read the Mist before the movie came out. I liked both but as usual the book draw me in more, probably because you have to visualize everything yourself.
    The lead role in the movie was played by a guy who I saw shortly before in the comedy serie Hung. Didn't help. But it was not that bad of a movie! Just enjoyed the story even better in bookform

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The mist. :D wasn't that the one in the shopping centre and tentacles and things?

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Flying faces from another dimension that will bite you. And yeah the main characters had to hide in a supermarket.

I noticed a series on Netflix also called The Mist. I take it its a spin off/continuation of the movie? Like was done with Fargo for example

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Has it been that long since it came out?

I didn't see it because I don't watch scary movies, lol

The previews on t.v. looked pretty horrifying to me.

8. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Not sure if any really scared me. I'd say the scariest ones would be: Insidious, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Haunted (not to be confused with The Haunting), When A Stranger Calls, and Lights Out.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No movie will ever scare me like Nightmare on Elm Street.I checked under my bed every night until I was 18 years old because of this damn movie

The Shining is probably my favorite scary movie but I didn't find it particularly scary, just well made. Jack Nicholson was brilliant in it

A more recent scary movie I liked was The Babadook but not because I thought it was scary. I just liked that it was a metaphor for the grieving process. It was a really sad movie

1 person likes this.
  10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I thought The Babadook was more a (perceived) manifestation of the lady's (I can't remember her name) declining mental state. She subconsciously wanted to kill her son so her life would be simpler and more stable, and so she could have a shot at a real life. This part of her subconscious thought was "The Babadook." Her solution? Keep "The Babadook" in the basement where she fed it and let it have it's own life. I liked that it was a horror movie without a supernatural theme, although it appears that way at first. Anyway, that's what I got out of it.

11. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Impossible to say. Every movie is scary for different reasons. The most scared I was from a movie was Friday the 13th. But that was as a 5 year old.
    Not so scary now.

12. hotwater

Yes, the tentacles from planet X

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I didnt get this from it at all but now I want to go back and watch it with this interpretation in mind

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

What kinda cued me to this was when she said she had written children's books...I thought, she was the one who wrote "The Babadook"...then she burns it and it reappears. It was her all along, although she didn't realize it.

15. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

For me it's the original Alien. I remember watching that as a kid and afterword being afraid in the dark thinking Aliens might pop out from behind trees.

16. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Terminator really freaked me out as a kid

17. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Having worked in film production, they just make me laugh. I would even accept a dinner invitation from Anthony Hopkins. LOL.

18. hotwater

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

Especially the scene where leatherface chases sally with his Chainsaw

19. Nico_Ahrens

Nico_Ahrens Members

The most scarriest movie was "Carrie", at the end. When they visited Carrie's grave and suddenly her hand came out and tried to get them...

20. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

Not since I was a kid has a movie actually scared me.... a pretty good one that I saw lately was "A Dark Song", an independent film you can stream. Also "The Witch"...a completely different take. I love movies that are truly different.