Most romantic thing.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Flannelwearin'gal, Feb 8, 2009.

1. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

We got married on Valentine's Day. That's romantic.

2. raz5

raz5 زینب

on my ex boyfriend and my first date we went to the woods (in the pine barrens where the mob bury dead bodies) and went into the forest and pretended to wrestle and we were there for a while and had a fun time. i think it was on valentines day that year, he took me out there and had three pages front and back about everything he loves about me and read them to me at the place our first date was at. for this guy it was the best thing he did for me in the 2.5 years we were together.

3. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

As a "real man":cool: :p , I try and avoid being "romantic" *if* possible.
    But surprise trips away , presents and stuff I suppose some people would call romantic.

I've done portaits , which I suppose is romantic.
    And much as I'd like to deny it on occasion ,I've written poems.:eek:

A couple of girls I wrote poems for , I wound up falling out with before giving it ( the poem!) to them.I'd "recycle" them by changing the names , but they wouldnt make sense then.Good poems I thought..what a waste!!

Oh well ... shit happens...:(LOL

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

my boys wife knows i have glass in my foot and she asked me if i wanted her to take it out

pretty romantic to me :D

5. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

When we were newly married my husband had to go on a camping trip as part of his job at the time. The site was about 3-4 hours away from where we lived. He had a little time off and drove home just to see me for about an hour, then turned around and drove back.

Another time, on a whim, he drove about an hour out of town to pick wildflowers for me to give to me when I got home from work.

He's baked me cakes from scratch for my birthdays, and surprised me with candles and a clean house. He's done so many big and little things I can't count them all.

He's the greatest! I'm very very happily married. :D

6. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

Do tell.

7. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

there are some nuggets I just have to hang on to.

8. Wild Mountain Dave

fear not, though. KC's workin on a lil gift for you.

9. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

10. raz5

raz5 زینب

that guy is pretty romantic

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not that I'm not romantic and all, but to me the most romantic thing someone ever did to me is just that she caused the feeling of pure happiness going through my veins when I saw her. Probably because romancing stuff is picturing the idealized situation and this was the ultimate feeling you can have about another person. I especially like romantic things when it comes naturally. If we already know how we feel about eachother you can leave the flowers in the store/field for me to be honest :cool:

12. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

I like that. Although I guess in the same respect it's nice to receive tokens too, if it comes naturally (as you say). My husband and I were just talking this morning about the fact that we're really not that big into gift giving with each other. We have such a wonderful time just being together and enjoying each other's company, and share such love between us, that tokens seem empty and meaningless in comparison. Most of the time we don't give each other gifts. But once in a while, yes. We have our 10th anniversary coming up next weekend and he surprised me with a gift (gave it to me early cause he couldn't wait lol) of one of those Russian nesting dolls. I've wanted one forever cause I used to play with them when I was little. Well he found 2 on ebay and got them for me. It was very thoughtful and special for me. I can't think of a "present" to get him, other than a full body sensual massage and good lovin' afterwards. LOL!

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

:eek:

the most romantic thing to happen to me was when i said hi to the nerdy guy at school, so he started calling my house every night and breathing heavily into the phone and hanging up. then he started coming to my house and standing outside the window and watching me while cutting himself. finally i got a restraining order on him, and he completely ignored it and cut off his ear and sent it to me. so romantic... :eek::rolleyes:

14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I already took one today. But thanks :)

15. Wild Mountain Dave

oh, ok. well, holler when it's time again.

16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Ja, ja.

17. Wild Mountain Dave

is that a holler?

18. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I'm not very big into gift giving or receiving with Daniel. We have a poor people's relationship and we share almost everything we get these days. :D

19. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I have no idea what holler means, but I'll say yes....

20. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

A holler is the way us Southerners say "call", "shout", or "yell." You know, any variation of those.