Most romantic thing.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Flannelwearin'gal, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

I guess the most romantic thing hasn't happened to me yet.

2. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

The most romantic thing I have ever done for a woman is get my own beer.

3. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

a guy once walked for 5 hours just to come see me. i thought that was really romantic.

4. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Would he walk 5 hours more?

5. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

My most romantic moment with a woman was talking for 4 hours (naked, in a hotel bed) with a prostitute before having sex and not being required to pay. I don't think I've ever felt so comfortable with a woman before and, under different circumstances we would certainly have been lovers. It was as if I knew her all my life. We could talk about any and everything.

There were many gestures women have made toward me (probably more so than I have for them, although I am very good at offering emotional support in hardship), but I take both compliments and gestures from women very, very hesitantly. I always feel there is a catch. Not the least of which, becoming an object of possession.

If more women took the risk of showing unambiguous interest, offering serious heartfelt compliments, and making gestures of appreciation before claiming ownership over my body, I wouldn't have been on edge as much and I would feel more able to do the same.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i put misery in my vcr. i don't really know how romantic that was, but i only had 2 movies at the time and we had already watched requiem for a dream. yeah, so it was more boring than romantic, but it got me laid anyway...

7. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

my late wife and i met when a hotel double booked the room. i walked in on her in the shower, and when the hotel was completely booked up, she let me stay. then she seduced me, and shall we say, it was a very hot, romantic evening.

jrnyman has done numerous romantic things for me... it's the little things that mean the most. telling his parents they needed to leave our home when they were being rude to me... that one meant a lot.

i love doing romantic things for my lovers. i have to be pretty gone over someone to get all romantic though. i like to write notes and leave them in random places. treasure hunts that end with a special meal i've prepared, with rose petals and candles and such. taking her somewhere she's always wanted to go but never been able to. spontaneously calling just to say i love you...

it's the little things that make the biggest difference, and keep romance alive.

8. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

When I came to visit him we went to Tahoe and he proposed on a bridge overlooking Emerald Bay, nervous (he never gets nervous lol) offering me the most awesome engagement ring I've ever seen.
    It pretty much rocked :D
    We went to have drinks afterwards, only to realize I forgot my ID and the first couple places we went to wouldn't serve me.

9. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

i don`t like romance, to sweet for me. But still a the most romantic thing was maybe when a guy hugged me and told me he loves me form the first time he saw me and for 2 years every night he had gone to bed with the though of me in his mind ,crying....it was kind of depressing to hear that, but it still is the most romantic thing i have experienced

10. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

Good idea, I bet she seemed uber-hot after watching Kathy Bates for two hours.

11. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

I'm not sure about all this romance stuff. KC busted out in a foot massage for me the other night. I was shocked as hell. I put my foot in her lap and she grabbed up some lotion and went to work. Damn That was great. Does that count????

12. Mr. Mojo Risin'

That's hot.

I wanna borrow her.

13. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

I remember that story, the first time I heard it I was shocked. :eek:

I've not really had much romantic done for me or that I've done for others but this thread is far less depressing than I thought it'd be.

14. Wild Mountain Dave

who? KC or Kathy Bates?

15. lode

lode Banned

One of my supervisors is a Journalist. He has a grant he gives away anually to a writer, and I'm pretty sure he's giving it to me.

My coworker, who I'm crazy about, is while not a better writer than I, a much more dedicated writer than I, who has just finished her first manuscript and is searching for a publisher... both needs and deserves it more. I'm writing my supervisor Friday to reccomend her for the grant. Valentines. :biggrin:

She's also very intrested in acting, and I'm writing a short film for her, a lesbian noir murder caper, which we'll shoot later this year.

Haven't told her about either yet. These are the most romantic things I've done lately.

16. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Yo wife.

I likes her a loooooooooot.

17. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

18. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

No one ever did anything romantic for me. Which is fine.

19. Wild Mountain Dave

and you dont even know the half of it.

20. Wild Mountain Dave

wanna shower?