Most Overrated Hollywood Star

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by Trickster, Nov 27, 2005.

1. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Ben Affleck - I think his acting for the most part is very bland. Really the only one of his that I thought was ok was "The Sum of All Fears", and it was just ok, nothing really special. The only explanation I can think of for his success is that like Tom Cruise he's a pretty boy, and popular with women. Barbra Streisand - Walter Matthau once told her to her face that she had no more talent than a butterflies fart. Right on, Walter. Now he was an awesome actor. Sylvester Stallone - He's probably a smart guy, but he mumbles through all of his films. He should probably stick to producing, directing and writing. Julia Roberts - ho hum. Her brother is a better actor by a mile. The film "Erin Brockovich" was a lie. That in itself wasn't her fault, but she took the job, and benefited much more than any of the real-life victims of that story.

2. supernova86

supernova86 Member

Will Ferrell
    Keanu Reeves
    Halle Berry

3. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

I am so pissed off right now, about a week ago news broke that Channing Tatum was NOT going to play the role of Gambit in The Gambit movie. However I just heard that it is offical now that he WILL play the role. I can't stand this guy as an actor. I was chatting with some friends of mine yesterday about who we thought were overrated actors, and I immediately said Channing Tatum, everyone thought I was crazy. All they could say is that he is soooo good looking. I think he is a great looking guy, and would do him given the opportunity, but I am not talking about looks here, I am discussing acting skills, and I think his acting is just atrocious! I can't be the only one thinking this? I even went online and searched for "overrated actors" and "worst actors in hollywood". There were several articles discussing this, however none mentioned Channing Tatum. What the fuck is going on here?! Can nobody see past this guys looks and discover that he has no acting skills? I love the x-men movies and all the characters involved in this series, but I won't be watching this Gambit movie, or any future x-men movie that may have Channing Tatum playing Gambit in it, such a shame!

4. mytime

mytime Members

Tom Cruise. No acting ability at all. Not even all that good looking either. Just one person's opinion. Although there are some who will say he is good for looks. Just not for me.

1 person likes this.
  5. Scratched

Scratched Members

I don't watch Tv as much as some do, nor keep up with the celebrities. But after watching Charlie Sheen, hearing Mom's opinion of him, and reading about his life today online, I wonder how this man is still going...

Not to be nasty, but damn...The life, really?

And people got agitated at me for stuff I've done in life...this guy is looking to have a fiery ass someday after he passes on. Heartless.

6. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

They all are to a point. They are over payed.
    Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruse and Julia Roberts.

7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

This Tom Cruise hate has
    Got.
    To.
    Stop.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Most people hate Tom Cruise, because they are trend followers.

I think Joseph Gordon Levitt has the most punchable face of any hollywood star.

9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Maybe.
    Personally I don’t think Cruise has ever made a bad movie.
    I haven’t seen Vanilla Sky though, so there’s that.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, WTF?

1. Dude was in Top Gun, should be end of argument right there
    2. Minority Report probably my favourite sci fi movie ever, well thats non star wars. Edge of Tomorrow was pretty damn good
    3. Love all the Misiion Impossible Movies

Dudes probably been in more movies I like than anyone else, except for Clint

I loved Looper, but they changed his face in that one

Affleck is the one whose face I just want to punch everytime I see him, and Im not really sure why

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

There’s a dark side about Michael Fassbender that’s I find disturbing

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

He’s Magneto.

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Which reminds me, overated: Jennifer Lawrence

hotwater and EloiseAtThePlaza like this.
  14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor

OMG, You were around on HF in 2005. You must have only been a little lamb in those days. :yum::yum::yum:

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Fassbender, think that Promethius sequel may have ruined Fassbender for me.

I thought Promethius was really good, it looked amazing anyway. But the sequel was just way too kooky, hard to get it out of your head

Sometimes it can take just one shit movie

16. This isn't the "most underrated" thread

Leave Keanu alone.

McFuddy likes this.
  17. No.

18. Ugh yes.

Now, her I want to punch.

Although I liked her in Silver Linings Playbook.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2019
  19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

People can’t handle sharing the planet with a god.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Im not a fan of the movie genres he often plays in. But i didn't mind Vanilla Sky at all! Also: Tropic Thunder

And the opening of Austin Powers: Goldmember :grinning: (the movie in general is meh, but the opening is pretty funny)

I was 23 in 2005. Not sure anymore when i first joined...

I was pleasantly suprised by Prometheus too... I still need to watch the sequel, bad or not!