Most Overrated Hollywood Star

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by Trickster, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Swinging-Hippie

Swinging-Hippie Member

I find Kirsten Dunst very very annoying..

HAHA that snaggle tooth!

2. flowersinmyhair

flowersinmyhair Member

Swinging Hippie, I love your sig pic!

3. SpiralOut

SpiralOut Member

yeah, but although not all actors are bright, not all actors are dumb either. pop singers on the other hand... haha. :p seriouslly though, if madonna changes her political stance one more time for the medias, i will slit my throat!

i'll definitely go with orlando bloom people, but i don't think that you can just narrow it down to one person. i mean... nicole kidman.. will ferrel.. whoopie goldberg.. tom hanks.. julia roberts.. the rock.. jessica alba.. owen wilson.. halle berry.. arnold schwarzenegger.. jean claude van damme.. denzel washington.. russell crowe.. jessica biel.. jessica simpson.. now i'm now saying that some of these people don't have enormous talent.. i'm just saying that all of them are overrated.

4. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

A guy who is an actor was on telly today, he mentioned actors and intelligence in the same sentence. He was having a go at models as having no brains and no smarts. HOW BLOODY IRONIC. Any dingaling can remember lines and do so in front of a camera. We all can speak you know, and actually do it while moving at the same time! :rolleyes: DOI

5. Wynter

Wynter Member

I like Will Ferrel, his quirkeness just makes you laugh out loud.

6. SpiralOut

SpiralOut Member

i like will ferrel too... i'm just sick of seeing him in so many comedies, and think he's overrated.

trickster - acting is actually a very hard thing to do well.

7. hippiewise

hippiewise Member

i think will ferrel and jim carrey, i can handle just so much of them at one time.
    hippiwise angel

8. pennyroyal

pennyroyal Member

Just about all of them.

9. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Agreed. I ws watching an old movie the other day with Cary Grant. Things were better back then with acting and while money is always a factor, it wasn't the be all and end all like it is today. A great actor is one who makes you forget that they're acting. The script is far more hypnotising.

10. Chinaski

Chinaski Member

ben afflec
    casey afflec
    matt damon
    freddie prinze jr
    paul walker
    jennifer lopez
    jennifer garner
    those are from the top of my head. but the biggest joke of actors let alone hollywood stars are afflec brothers.

11. Dariah

Dariah Member

HILARY DUFF

JESSICA SIMPSON

they don't deserve jack shit.

12. Wynter

Wynter Member

Hilary Duff, what a waste of perfectly good sperm....

13. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Hillary Duff and sperm in the same sentence. Gross out :eek:

Charlize Theron. Anyone who can kinda act, can out on weight and swear like she did in that flick.

14. I_got_life

I_got_life Member

All with a few exceptions.

15. ladygirl

ladygirl Member

Tom Cruise is in love with himself and his reactions to things and general self expression is too exadgerated and to me looks contrived, theres a thing called narcisstic personality disorder he may have it...whats with the need to be so larger than life? whats wrong with normal? What is he trying to prove?? Anyone see a fairly recent 60 minutes interview??
    Angelina Jolie ~ i flat out dislike her, theres something really off going on with that woman. I suspect that the UN work she does is because of the adoration it brings her and i'm sure it didnt hurt her chances of adopting a baby or 2 (lest she loose her figure or give anything of herself let alone sacarafice) she's a snake, and don't get me started on her relationship ethics. She has a cold soulless expression and her only response to her kooky inconsistences is to say that she doesn't analyse herself, well of course she doesn't she would have to face up to alot of inadequacies (spelling?) and ill intentions if she did that. Ok thats my angelina rant done lol

Someone here said Kirsten Dunst, i'll second that not sure why i don't like her i guess its because she allways seems pretentious and brat like in all her roles maybe thats because she can't act..
    Meg Ryan is allways the same in her movies too...
    Lots of them are...

16. Kali _in_Oz

Kali _in_Oz World Champion Loser

What a shame that some people think that because a person is in the public eye they know them??

We really have no idea what Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie are like as people, and I don't beleive that any of us are in a position to judge them.

I have some very good friends that are actors and the thought of people judging them based on the little bit of information they have, supplied mainly through the media, really upsets me.

I don't think that any of us should assume that we are so much better than the next person and therefore in a position to make a judgement call on who they are.

Also, someone said earlier that all an actor has to do is learn their lines - so so so not the case! It is something that is incredibly hard to do well, and its damned hard work! I really don't think most people have any idea of the pressure these people work under, the toll that the profession takes on their physical and mental wellbeing, not to mention the hours that they are often expected to work.

There are only like 10% (no that is not a proven statistic) of actors that actually make the big bucks, in a movie that Tom Cruise might make a few million in, there are other actors that might make neough money to pay their rent for the next three months - thats it!!

Until you reach that pinnacle, that so very few reach and only though a damn hard slog, acting is not a glamourous profession - not by any stretch of the imagination!

17. Gabino

Gabino Member

Most over-rated? Nicole Kidman for sure. The Ice Princess, who rep rests on the fact that homosexuals have fallen in love with her -- Like Liz Taylor and Liza Minelli in former years.

As for Tom Cruise...Well that would be the biggest box office money-maker in the last 15 years.

18. Gabino

Gabino Member

Exactly.
    To be OVER-rated, you actually have to be rated highly in the first place.

19. Anaconda man

Anaconda man I am not a hippy

Cameron Diaz!

20. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

I read this paparazzi book and this photographer said that Cameron Diaz and Charlize Theron and two of the biggest bitches and meanest people in hollywood. I realise they get a lot of wanted attention, but they did ask for the whole seen and i think manners and politeness go along way. After all the photographers and a way, makes them the star, they are what puts them in the mags.