Most Gay Men Don't Wear Skirts!

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Jimbee68, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I don't know. I have been gay at least since age 12. It bothered me at first. But I have been comfortable with my sexuality for at least 30 years, I think.

But some things still bother me. Like the misconceptions people have about gays. That they like to dress as women, for example. I think most of them don't.

Also, FWIW, I once read in the Merck Manual (a short text for doctors, by doctors), that most gays are bothered by that kind of behavior. Just to be clear, I am not bothered at all by that behavior. To each his own, I strongly believe. But it doesn't appeal to me either. I like only masculine men.

I do actually have a theory why people think this. They don't want to accept, at least fully, that some men are gay (even if they are not overtly homophobic). So they try to rationalize it. Gays are just men who want to be women, they reason.

Also, as many of you may know, I do have fantasies about being f-'d as a woman by a hetero man. But I have no desire to wear a skirt. And I have no way to act out this fantasy in real life either. (Actually, it may be a lingering threat of my previous (<age 12) heterosexuality. But that's a different story altogether.)

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

dd788snipe and Bayer Sanyo like this.
  2. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

Most cis-het people not only have no idea what anyone in the LGBTQ+ categories is about, the don't want to know.

You may be right in some cases. In more cases, I think, it works the other way. Most people these days are fine with gays, but they really don't want to admit that being transgender is a thing. So they think that trans women are just really, really, really gay men.

We do want to wear skirts, but most of us have no interest in being with men.

dd788snipe likes this.
  3. 721Jonny

721Jonny Members

I am delighted to wear my kilt like a true Scotsman !

thepapasmurph and dd788snipe like this.
  4. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Super Moderator Super Moderator

In this past year or so, I have become more acquainted with a younger crowd of people who call themselves queer. Now, when I was a kid, being called a queer was worse than death - so this took some adjustment in my old brain... but, what I have learned from the younger LGBTq WORLD... Queer is for those who are different and embrace that difference - they are for those who don't want to be classified as male or female - and prefer to explore their sexuality in those terms - I have learned they want to dress in a way that makes them feel good, not gender specific. So, I have seen people who look like men dressed in skirts or dresses, and they are not in "drag" per se, but are wearing what they want to wear. I have seen people who look like women dressed in what I would consider typical male style clothing, but they are not trying to look butch or male - but they just want to wear what they like. It is so interesting to me to meet those who are trans-gender young people. It is difficult to tell - especially the trans men. My nephew is a trans man and it is truly hard for me to remember what he looked like as a woman. The new gender thing - making it known that you want to be referred to in a gender specific or no gender at all - he, him, his or they, them, theirs, etc. A challenge, too. There is also a difference between a transgender person who identifies as a gender different than the one he/she was born with vs. a transvestite or cross dresser, or the man who has a fetish for dressing in female clothing. I have met men who have this fetish - I dare you to call them a "fag" You might not fare well from that confrontation. Some are not sissy/femmes, etc. And then, there are the guys who identify as male, but are effeminate. It is not a kink. They are just being themselves - I am so happy this sort of man can finally feel comfortable and not be picked on in society - even though I know we still have a long way to go - there are still a lot of Neanderthals out there who don't get it, and are threatened by anything different than themselves. I remember what it was like in the day - 50 years ago - we've come a long way in the LGBTQ world and in the world in general... let's keep going forward, not retreat. thanks for reading.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  5. Most men that wear skirts and what not are typically straight

thepapasmurph likes this.
  6. kelbee

kelbee Members

i love wearing a skirt

7. Me too. And big long patent hooker boots and I'm totally straight

thepapasmurph likes this.
  8. thepapasmurph

I'm surprise to read that comment - that most men who like to wear skirts are also straight. That is very cool, I think.

DaveTheBiGuy and FredBrice like this.
  9. Yeah, it might be an old stat because I heard it a while ago but it makes sense when you think about it

10. DaveTheBiGuy

DaveTheBiGuy Members

From what I've read, that does seem true for the most part.

I'm a bisexual married guy that happens to really enjoy crossdressing myself... Again, I'm definitely not "straight", so it's not always true though.

As a bisexual (and submissive), crossdressing bottom guy, I'm just as in touch with my feminine/Sissy side as I am with my manly/masculine side... And I'm not sure about anyone else, but my crossdressing, feminine/Sissy side isn't always just about getting a sexual thrill/getting off, although when I do get "all girly", my need, craving/desire to be with a "real" man definitely gets stronger, and my need, and desire to be with a woman (my wife included) definitely decreases.

thepapasmurph and FredBrice like this.
  11. thepapasmurph

So, is there different reasons for men wearing skirts? A man who enjoys crossdressing - wearing feminine clothing, undergarments, fancy stuff - for the sake of the sexual thrill - or a man who identifies as non-gender - not transgender - but just wants to wear non-identifying clothing or a man who wants to wear a skirt for the heck of it. kinky queer. who knows. I really don't think I have ever seen a man in public wearing a skirt and thought to myself "now there is a straight guy if I ever saw one"