Most annoying day in a while n now stranded

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, May 31, 2013.

1. wetsocks

wetsocks there's no one driving

i try to keep up with maintenance, but I'm learning as i go and my car is over 30 years old, so i can't help but feel it could quit any time it wants to so I always keep overnight supplies in the trunk... and I drive rural roads and don't have a cell phone so i mean REAL overnight supplies

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hey Deviate -

You're good! It's a Cylinder 1 misfire.

We'll get the stuff and get to fixing it after our check comes on Monday.

Thank you.

I need to buy you a beer! :cheers2:

or coffee! :coffee:

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah I'm an idiot Haha, it was the slave we replaced. My brother just informed me it's a good idea to always replace them at the same time so hopefully that will take care of it. Thanks homie!

4. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Good deal. I can tell you a rudimentary test if that coil is firing, but I'd say it's 80-90% chance that's what it needs. Did you price one out?

And no problem, I love car talk. But a beer or coffee or both at the same time would be prime :cheers2:

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

How did you bleed the slave? It can be tricky. Was it working at all with the new slave or doing this since you replaced it?

Just running that idea by you. Masters are pretty cheap but you have to contort yourself under the dash to deal with the clutch pedal, which sucks.

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nah, we didn't price it. We just told the kid we'd be back and did he think he had what we needed there at Advance Auto. Kid said "most likely" so we will see on Monday or Tuesday.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, no car yesterday and the guy never even called so now Dan HAS to go to work tonight so he's off now renting a car...gonna bring that back, get Cason and I and we all have to go to the store- then tomorrow we BETTER going to go pick up our car and return the rental.

I don't even care anymore though. Some things are just annoying.

8. deviate

deviate Senior Member

What are they doing to your car? They should have got you a rental the first day they said it'd be done and you were waiting, and it wasn't.

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah they aren't even paying for a rental. It pisses me off and I got a little short w someone on the phone but they're not doing nothing for me. and it's about the extra on the car..

neways get this. know how I said D was out getting a rental? the ridiculousness continues... even tho they told him they'd have a car available before he went in... he got there annnnd the (only rental car comp. around here open on a sunday) didn't have ANY cars. NONE. said they had to cancel w 7 ppl who were supposed to be getting cars today... wow. so, dan's mom came and got our groceries that we needed for us..
    and just now a family friend (pretty much my mom's friend but I went to h.s. w her sons) just came by to pick up dan and take him to work... and he's either gonna get a co-worker to take him home or call his mom if necc.
    Tomorrow... let's just say it this way...we damn well better be getting the car back!!
    I mean dan's work is the main thing but I'm personally getting sick of being stuck here. =/