morning glory

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by chris, May 20, 2004.

1. chris

chris Member

i go to a foodstore or gardener's store and buy a few hundred seeds of morning glory, either heavenly blue or pearly gates or that other kind

i come home, grind them with coffee grinder into a powder

i eat the powder in some food

i trip legally

it sounds so easy.. thats all i have to do?

2. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

ya but wash em off first b4 u eat them u dont wanna get poisoned now do u?

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

If you buy organic non treated ones, they don't have the poison coating. There are lots on ebay for really cheap. I bought like 1000 seeds for $5.... :D

4. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

only heavenly blue work!
    300 seeds
    cold water for a while
    im not sure but i dont think its "legal" to "trip" on anything

5. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

I'd rather drink an extract... But you can eat'em.
    Pearly Gates are less potent than HBlue but they do the job too, but it also mean a worse effects/sickness ratio. The other kinds are useless.

6. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

its not legal to eat them. they are only legal for planting purposes, as one brand of seed packets warned on their morning glory seeds.
    dont count on washing away poison, just go for the untreated ones.
    over by my crib there's a Franks nursery and crafts store. one brand of seed packets that they have is called LakeValley Seed. ive only seen them at franks and nowhere else. on the back of each packet it says untreated seed. when these seeds go on sale, early in the season, i buy 6 gram bulk packets heavenly blue morningglory for a little over a dollar each.
    look for LakeValley seed packets.

7. madboy139

madboy139 Member

actually pearly gates is more potent. there is a study that has been posted on erowid about percentage of alkaloids in the different varieties and morning glory had .02 percent of dry weight while pearly gates was .03 percent of dry weight on average. don't know why everybody buys heavenly blues. and there is another variety though i cant remember the name which also holds .02% alkaloids.

8. psychedelicsmoke

psychedelicsmoke Member

actually heavenly blues ,pearly gates ,and flying saucers work--pearly gates have more lsa but ive always had fun with heavenly blues-its a lot of seed to swallow,hawaiin baby woodrose only takes about 7 seeds with the same amount lsa as 8 grms morn glorys-ive done morn glorys many times ,martha stewarts seeds ive used the most from kmart-- be ready for a couple hours nausea and muscle cramps-i thinks its more intense than cid

9. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Buy the seeds untreated at organic places and you won't get sick. :(

10. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

I've used organic Heavenly Blue M.G. several times (7-8?). I have always experienced nausea and lethargy, with visual and mental effects becoming interesting only at high dosages (around 10gr.).

I think M.G. is a terrible psychedelic. In fact, it is mostly a sedative. Mushrooms are soooooo much nicer...

11. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

I've always wanted to try morning glory but never had the chance to!
    I didn't think regular garden stores sold the Heavenly Blue seeds. I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for some and possibly grow my own! :D

12. madboy139

madboy139 Member

regular garden stores definitely sell heavenly blue variety. they are one of the more popular varieties.

13. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

"varieties" whatever...

the linnaean binomial (genus & species) is Ipomea violacea (= I. tricolor)

(if you shop around, you may be able to find a pound of untreated seeds for like $US 18 or so...)

oh, and (as with hbwr seeds (Argyreia nervosa)) freshness does matter, both for viability & for psychoactivity...

14. chasedude

chasedude Member

ive done morning glory seeds 4-6 times. ive gotten bad stomach cramps twice. i washed them in hot water once so they didnt work. that really sucked. if anything mg is an upper not a downer. i personally am a big fan of mg and would recommend them to anyone, as long as you do them wisely.

15. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

I believe LSA is actually scheduled as a 'sedative' rather than a hallucinogen. In all my 'trips' I was extremely sedated and sickly (and that was with organic MG).

16. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

spring: when i did HBW, i was horribly sedated. In fact, i was just about passed out on the floor staring at the ceiling and paintings in my room. Though, on MG, I never have that problem.

17. madboy139

madboy139 Member

i have tried hawaiian baby woodrose three times. the first two times i just swallowed ten seeds and nothing happened. i didnt realize i had to chew them i just thought they were really weak so i decided to eat 20 and i chewed them. it kept me up all night long and all of my muscles were really really tight. i tripped really hard but had these horrible stomach cramps and puked twice. it definitely acted as a stimulant for me though since then i have tried MG's and didn't trip very hard but felt very sedated.

18. chris

chris Member

i felt a lot of energy during my morning glory trip, no sedation
    and for the week after that i felt more energy than normal

19. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

I don't know, guys, I consumed MG several times and with high doses as well, but I never really tripped. Maybe I should try it again, but I am really scared about the nasty physical side-effects (nausea, mucus, dizzyness, etc.). I wish I could just find some good acid!