Morning Glory water extraction...

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by UXnIHAOnUXbmUXn, May 14, 2004.

1. UXnIHAOnUXbmUXn

UXnIHAOnUXbmUXn Member

If i were to take about 4,000 ground up morning glory seeds and put them in all in bottles filled with cold water with a bit of lemon juice overnight, then filtered each one into pans and evaporated the water, could i put the remaning stuff into capsules and take it as active hallucinogenic doses?

2. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Yes, no need for the lemon juice though. I would also recomend crushing the seeds first (coffee grinder is best) and letting the seeds extract in the water for 24 hours.

3. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

You can't heat LSA, it means you will get a wet and dirty paste at best, no way to put it in caps.

Do a polar/non-polar extraction (the one with petroleum ether and alcohol). Not only the extract is much much cleaner but it's cap-able (alc. evaporate way better).

4. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

If you filter out the seed material from the water it is not a dirty paste, it is a liquid. I neither the original poster, or I suggested heating the LSA. I agree polar/non-polar extraction is a cleaner extraction, but not completely necissary. It will just take a long time to evaporate the LSA from the water than from the alcohol.

5. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

Maybe, but if you're gonna extract 4oz you can as well do it well.

6. brothersun

brothersun Member

Where can you get morning glory seeds? Are they legal to buy?

7. cousinit

cousinit Member

thier just normal garden flowers. you could probably by them at walmart

8. brothersun

brothersun Member

I was told that morning glory seeds you buy at a gardening place is coated with some sort of poison. To stop people from using them as a drug. Is this true?

9. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

many do have that, some brands don't. I have heard that burpree or something like that dosen't have the additives. In any case, if you buy the seeds form a local garden department I would suggest that you soak the seeds in warm water for 24 hours first, discard the water and then consume or prepare an extraction. I would recomend getting the seeds from internet entheobotanical shops because you can order like 2 oz of seeds for like $7, which is a lot better than buy 1.5g for like $2 in the seed packets. They also don't use chemicals to treat the seeds if they are from the internet herb shops and many sell organic seeds, which is really what you want if doing high doses or preparing a polar/nopolar extraction.

10. brothersun

brothersun Member

How many seeds does it take to get a decent high, for the average person. How long does the high last?

11. KBlaze

KBlaze Member

Yeah, I was reading about Morning Glory last nite and decided I wanna give it a try, but I don't have access to petroleum ether or any of that, so would putting all the seeds I'm gonna eat in a bowl of warm water for a day make them clean enough to eat and not get poisoned by pesticides or that shit? And then just chew em up and swallow em and that's all there is to it?

12. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

I do want to know the answer to that question.

13. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

if your a lazy shit like me you can do my method. It is the easiest method of them all. Grind them up and eat the powder in spoonfuls with water. Just a note though, If you want to magnify your trip smoke some hella good bud. Infact just hotbox a car and sit there breathing nothing but marijuanaed air for like 20 minutes. I had the most hallucinagenic trip like that. The Eggman tried to Fucking kill me!!

14. sonik

sonik Member

damn the dastardly eggman!

When I was a kid me and my friend were desperate so we just mashed em up and made a warm tea out of em. Didnt have a whole lot of effect honestly.

I also remember planting a bunch in the back of my parents house.

As my dad is an old stoner im sure he knew what i was up to lol.

:D

Bonus fun:
    http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2735

:cool:

15. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

I'm pretty sure theres an extraction method that old indian tribes used to use. Where they would take a handfull of seeds, whatever fits in your palm when you scoop from a pile of em then soak the seeds ,Crushed i think, in cold water for 24 hours, Then filter it out, and just drink the water.
    I think thats how it went, but i'll try and find out more about soon.

16. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

-Crush seeds (300 for a first time)
    -Put in water, in a bottle
    -Put in fridge
    -Let'em soak a day; don't forget to shake a couple time
    -Strain, discard mush, drink "juice"...
    ...Have fun

edit: use spring or distilled water, *NO* tap water

17. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

There you go thx animater or whatever your name was

18. madboy139

madboy139 Member

putting them in the fridge would have a negative effect because things tend to dissolve better at higher temperatures. however lsa is damaged at too high of temperatures so let it soak at room temp.

19. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

It extracts perfectly in the fridge