Morning glory cold-water extraction(REALLY EASY)

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by Icktongo1, Jun 13, 2007.

1. NNDimethyltryptaDream

NNDimethyltryptaDream Member

The cold water extraction results in what I can only describe as the worst tasting liquid I have ever drank..

2. sarah-jane

sarah-jane Member

for this extraction could i use a blender instead of a coffe grinder?

3. NNDimethyltryptaDream

NNDimethyltryptaDream Member

Blender probibly wont really grind up tiny seeds. Give it a try though... In my opinion, when I ground them up somewhat fine and put em in yogurt,... Worked great for me, and you can barely taste it. As for cramps and what not, suprisingly not to bad

4. check.

check. Senior Member

i just ordered 270 Heavenly Blue seeds from amazon, i'm planning on doing the cold water extraction method... will these be enough seeds to trip? i'm planning on eating them on an empty stomach too.

also the description says they are untreated... does this mean i dont need to wash them or should i do it anyway just to be sure?

5. IpsissimusFaustus

IpsissimusFaustus Member

Should be at least enough to feel it. Why'd you buy them on amazon?

6. check.

check. Senior Member

because i was too lazy to walk to the store?

plus it said they were untreated and i figured the ones at the store wouldnt be.
    i got 2 orders, one for me and one for my friend... should i take both instead? so... 540?

7. sol_high420

sol_high420 Member

using this extracion method it occurs to me that maybe some people dont want to drink some viscous liquid that looks and tastes like shit. i dont know much about chemistry but from what ive read on the internet after the LSA is extracted, its a bit touchy to elemental factors. Is there any way i can evaporate the liquid and turn it into a crystaline form? a response to this would be much appreciated.

8. Wizard_of_Hawse

Wizard_of_Hawse Member

I believe that if you have a vaccum pump you can do a cold-evaporation down to a gunk. As for getting a purer product, you may be able to get one by doing the extraction found here http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction2.shtml and then letting the alcohol evaporate.

I agree that the water extraction is the most consistent and easy extraction. My only bad experiences on morning glory have been after ingesting the pulp. Be mindful not to grind the seeds too much though! One time I did and I had to squeeze the goo through a pillow case:rolleyes:

I also like to use lemon juice or a citric acid solution (about 4 tsp in water) as it is said to destroy some of the nausea causing agents. Tartaric acid is another potentiator that I have come across in my search in regards to HBW, and I assume it could have a good effect. Mind you, if you use citrus, it will be harder to filter.

Take some raw ginger if nausea is a problem.

9. Wizard_of_Hawse

Wizard_of_Hawse Member

1. I have always found at the grocery stores, hardware stores, and dollar stores.
    2. Uhhhhh... free?;) The cheapest prices that I have seen were in dollar stores.
    3. No. I find ganja to be perfect for the LSA experience, especially about midway into the trip. It mixes very nice with the already dreamy and sedative qualities of the psychedelic:D

10. sol_high420

sol_high420 Member

ok so i definetly like the extraction method you gave me from erowid. but my problem is i dont know where to find ethanol. were could i find this or a substitute?

11. Wizard_of_Hawse

Wizard_of_Hawse Member

Petroleum ether, AKA Naptha, is most easily found as zippo fluid for me. However, I would also like to find out what else could be used as a polar solvent, and if anything would be cleaner.

12. sol_high420

sol_high420 Member

im using thats as the non polar solvent, what about a substitute for ethanol? any ideas?

13. PeaceAndRasta

PeaceAndRasta Senior Member

so u use naphta as u use alcohol in the alcohol extraction right?

14. kinorc

kinorc Guest

hey i created this account and am supplying this info simply for the fact i appriciate the cold water extraction n easily found it...anyway...ethanol= USE GRAIN ALCOHOL (everclear etc.) your welcome and good luck

15. Corporal.Clegg

Corporal.Clegg Guest

So what should I do I mean I am afraid that if I buy the seeds off of Amazon then I'm going to get screwed by the DEA or some shit or that the seeds will be contaminated with chemicals. I'm only 15 so I don't know what to do i don't have a car, someone help should I buy them online?

16. Bonobo

Bonobo Member

I've tried this method, and in my opinion it works well.
    I don't use the tea bag though. Instead what i do is place the ground up seeds into a tightly sealed tupperware container with cold water and shake violently several times over 30 minutes. You can add lemon juice to assist in the extraction. Then i pour the water into a glass without the need for straining, MOST of the seed material will remain in the tupperware once you've poured all the water.

This seems easier and more efficient, so i hope it helps!

17. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

Water, vodka, lemon or lime juice work very well. Straining through fine mesh is usually the way to go. Its worth the investment if your into your seeds. Lemon juice usually gets you vomiting from the acidity and memory of flavor. Vodka is good if your making a tincture. Water is the prefered solution that should be used with MGS. It is some sort of sacred thing that connects the essence of life in the seeds and water together to make a natural religious sacrament of a true and living holy water. Straining is a must. Enough seeds to fill the cup of your hand is around 24g, 600seeds or 6mg LSA. Finely ground into a flour and soaked for 1hr in cold distilled water. The mixture is then filtered through clean cloth. I recommend a fine mesh strainer to avoid any alkaloid absorbtion into the cloth. But a muslin bag would help. Eating fresh oranges helps remove the bitterness of the holy water potion. This tek is approved. The water can be slightly basified to ph8 using ammonia then extracted 3x with a 1:6 fresh naphtha to ph8 basified holy water. Seperate using ziplock baggies and evaporate naphtha in a large glass baking dish with fan. Reconstitute scraped residue of LSA freebase in 1mg LSA per 1ml of ph6 lime juice vodka to make a stable Tincture of LSA limeate.

18. Tdubbs34

Tdubbs34 Member

The first time i tried MGs i just washed them off and put about 3 grams of them in my mouth and chewed, not too smart because i got a horrible stomach ache but i did start to have a weak trip about an hour later and the stomach ache went away. I recently got more seeds from the store (I dont have a credit card so i cant buy them offline, or i would) so i was wondering if there was any special way to get the fungicides and nasty crap off? and i think im gonna try the cold water extraction unless someone has a better way to do it? i want to have a intense trip, i got about 15 grams of MGs that me and my friends are gonna split i think.. idk any feedback would be nice yall =]

19. DrCouchPhd

DrCouchPhd Guest

Hi, im really new to the whole psychedelic scene. Since pure LSD is so few and far between ive decided to try out this LSA method.-1- Ive researched all over and the water method seems the safest, my concern is that what is the best amount of seeds for a first timer to ingest?-2- Where is the best place to buy seeds?-3- Ive also read that it constricts your blood vessels, so my question is how badly does it raises your heart rate?-4- And im also wondering if it give you a "speedy" high like meth? Cuz i am totally not looking for that. I want to start trying psychedelics because of the "mind-expanding" qualities that i so very badly want to experience. -5-My last question is, if im doing the cold-water method, what are ways to tell if you did it correctly, and vice versa? what should i look for if i fuck it up? If anyone can answer these questions please post it up, or feel free to email me also. At the same time, i guess ill find all this out anyways lol.

20. squirrel23

squirrel23 Guest

do you have to use distilled water or can it be tap water? or bottled?