More Waxy Stuff

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by amybird, Feb 14, 2009.

1. SethHasDreads

SethHasDreads Member

agreed.

can u at least cite one link to where KB or DHHQ say that u need to use wax in order to have dreads?
    cuz from what ive read on their sites, they say quite the opposite.

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

3. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah. I guess that's true. But I think those are more for the quick-easy dreads that'll get cut out in a week or two once the novelty wears off.

4. soaringeagle

http://www.dreadheadhq.com/make_dreadlocks_dread_it_up_wax.php
    then on the waxy page 1st they talk to you like your too dumb to open a jar
    and insist that use the wax and you'll have the nicest dreads of anyone around

im still looking for the methods where they say use wax even in neglect but it says you need it for neglect too

the few places it says you dont need it it goes on to say its true iu dont neded it but without it u look like shit

5. soaringeagle

and theres the hgarm in it
    dread loss after being disgusted with a smelly sticky meesss and they forever feel dreads are gross cause theyree dreads were gross
    egveryone who knows them then feel dreads are gross

theyre just temporary to look cool and who cares if they l;ast
    the guy in the vids already planning his 3rd set of waxt candlkes and theyre not past his shoulders yet

6. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

and again..they are telling you how to do it their way.
    they are quirky with their instructions..not insulting.
    they have also advised the amounts since i was last on their site...good for them!

7. Callie4Strings

and mine are not gross nor are they temporary

8. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Oh, didn't realize you used wax. Cool :)

9. soaringeagle

how do u know if theyre temporary or not? no not intentionakly temporary but 2 years down the line when u start over thatsthe test isnt it?

10. Callie4Strings

yes I did Seth for the first 3-4 months after I backcombed.

and SE how do you know they will not be? You are so FULL of assumptions its re-dunk-ulous. I might also catch myself on fire!

11. soaringeagle

they lowerered the ammounts needed to limmit liability and still continue the scam
    you cant sue us for fuckling up our dreads because we intended to say u need a microscopic ammount
    therefore its you that fucked up by using wax not the wax fucking up by being used

theres no need for it period..end of story

but amy asked long ago and i forgot to answer
    alternatives to wax

100% pure aloe gel (only ingredieant aloe very (careful with plants to be sure its aloe vera not other aloes which can be toxic)
    aloe vera shrinks to a clear film that pulls things tight, as well as feeds hair and scalp making them healthy
    and a simple cold rince washes it right out without effort or heat or harsh soaps

if extreme conditioning is needed applye cidar vinagar jojoba oil vitamin e oil or cocoa butter all can be used to condition and rince out easilyt

theres nothing wax does that other better safer and more natural for hair dont do better without building up ..or collecting dirt

12. soaringeagle

look aropund ..hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of threads like i had dreads years ago but i made the mistake of using wax they got grooss and had to be cut
    very few waxy dreads survive 4 years..very very few
    the guy inthe vid his 1st set looked like 6 months old...gone.. 2nd set 1 1/2 years maybe 2 already planning on set 3
    and hes adding yet another product to help dewal with the grossness factor
    he even admits he hates to touych em when they feel waxy

i use mine for a pillow i love how they feel

and they are flexible too
    when u shake your head do yours go flying?
    or basicly stay completely still

who knows u may have dreads that survive despite wax..its not unheard of at all..but the magority of ex wax usesses cut or combed out due to theyre wax use
    if you intended to be permenant you wouldnt put a permenant sticky gunk in em wiould u? and if u did by mistake youd be dojng all u could to save em and get every bit out

13. Callie4Strings

ummmmmm because it WAS being over used..and people making this big WAX is the devil shit...when it was indeed the users fault...makes sence to me

Becarfeul with aloe if your babies are new..I have read that it can loosen new locks

14. soaringeagle

hel.ll just read the whole meet n greet thread
    irts one after another after another i screwed up with wax the 1st time around now starting over wax free
    about 80% were duped the 1st time and had to start over

15. Callie4Strings

there are sooo many variables to the stories SE...which wax was used? How long? How much? But again...you must read in a different language than I do...moving on now.

16. Callie4Strings

oh my missed this one

Mine feel awesome

When I shake my head ..they dont fly...more like shake...due to the length

Again ...due to my length ..no pillow

I am quite positive that my wax has been washed out by now..and quite easily at that.

Now that is my experience and I am terribly sorry that it was not a bad one for you Mr SE..I can not speak for anyone else

17. soaringeagle

washing with aloe can cause too much conditioning thats true
    but if u use it just the way wax is used ..sparingly only when really needed how can it loosen anything whenj as it dries it shrinkls? its used on scrapes and cutes because as it dries it pulls the skin together and seals out dirt (as aposed to sticking dirt to it)
    in hair idt does the sanme pulling frizz in to the dread
    again though its not meant to help dread at all ..but to tidy up frizz if really needed or to condition if over dry

using anythiomng to "help the dreading as far as flakes and residues and gunky creams make no sence
    sea salt makes sence since it dries the hair and helps it knot like crazy
    residues and glues do the oposite of what u want ..free movement

aloe should be onlyu used when u really need conditioning bad..or to smooth the frizz for formal ocassions
    if anyone said put aloe in every 4 days for months u should laugfh at em..just like itf they say use wax that oftenor at all
    its common sence..if u avoid conditioners to dread and residues then u avoid coinditioning residues
    and when u do need coinditioning nbadly u usea non residue conditionert like aloe

18. soaringeagle

again look around .. many many people werre quite possitive they were wax free
    till they cut them off years later and discovered wax at the core
    you cannot be possitive of what u cannot see can you..the dammage is deep inside
    and over and over u hear abouyt how sure they were they were wax free only to find the trurth way too late..duriung the dread autopsy

19. Callie4Strings

Okay SE...Im really not interested in having a pissing contest with you.
    So lets agree to meet somewhere in two years and you yourself can autopsy one of my dreads! If our old asses are still around! Then we will go party Callie-style! No hugging trees....I might can find you a tom sitting around though. :)

20. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

Callie, I'm with you.

I get not to use wax now, and I know for a fact that there is wax in the middle of my dreads, but i don't think i has ruined my dreads at all, they are still flexible, soft, and they smell great.

So if I ever have to do it again, I'll know not to use wax, only because it is not neccessary, not because it will "ruin" my dreads. because it didn't.