More on consciousness...

Discussion in 'Metaphysics and Mysticism' started by sosmartamadeus, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

The problem I have with someone in the present being able to change the past is the repercussions it has on everything in between. For example, lets say that someone went back to the 2016 election and changed the results so that Trump won instead of Clinton. We would be in a completely different situation right now. The economy would have no doubt been weakened with many people out of a job. Who knows how bad things could have gotten, maybe everyone would be sick and dying from some strange disease. You know, what was that disease that emerged in China in the winter of 2019---the Corona virus? If Trump had been at the helm, maybe we wouldn't have stopped it so quickly. There would probably be hundreds of thousands of American people alive today that would be dead if the results were changed. Anything could have happened. We might even be dealing with a Supreme Court that caters to the whims of conservative religious zealots. Who knows...

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

My book is nearing completion, and the chapters on bullshit fuzzy logic through sky-high-pie-in-the-face-spherical-cubes cover the subject in depth. The last chapter mostly contains the mathematical arguments against classic geometry, so you might want to start there. Conceptually, you need to change your frame of reference altogether, because you are going in circles. The present has no meaning, outside of the context of when we stop making distinctions, between who we are and what we are doing.

The Wisdom of Collective Ignorance: Know.. | WritersCafe.org | The Online Writing Community

3. Mountain Valley Wolf

I disagree, because I haven't removed the context of time. I have merely fit it to the existential reality we experience. We can't point to the west and say, that's where I was in my house yesterday. We can't look through a telescope and see the past. We can see the phenomena of the past in the light of distant stars and galaxies, for example, but we are experiencing that in our present. However we cannot see our own past. There is no where in the night sky where we can see the bomb being dropped on Hiroshima.

But in the current moment we are experiencing the phenomena of countless particles that have collapsed from an infinite wave to each individual single space time position. And by the time we perceive that phenomena those particles are gone. Those particles are all that exists of the physical world. There is still a progression from one moment to the next. There is still a context of time. But the physical world only exists in these infinitesimal moments. We may live in our physical bodies, but our experience is entirely within our minds.

4. Mountain Valley Wolf

I'll check it out.

wooleeheron likes this.
  5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

FLATLAND: A Romance of Many Dimensions, Abbott, Edwin A.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mountain Valley Wolf likes this.
  6. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Flatland is along the same lines as Zeno's paradoxes. The simple truth is, our universe is not three dimensional, and fuzzy logic calls the entire definition of a dimension into question.

7. sosmartamadeus

sosmartamadeus Members

The past already exists, but is still effected by observers in the present. It changes things, but repercussions lead to the precise state we're in now.