More first timer Q's

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Shroomp, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Edd.tokes.to.much.

Edd.tokes.to.much. Member

ok. now i just have to find a torch lighter. balls.

2. Wolfgg

Wolfgg Member

if you order from salvia dragon they include a torch ligther for free, though i dont know if you call it free its a bit pricy, cant vouch for its effectiveness either, still waiting on order and there site doesnt offermuch in the way of shipping times and when i last called they didnt have any room in there voicemail box but there site seems to be called legit by many people on this site and more I think they are bogged down from recent media articles that linked to them.

3. Friggin Joe

Friggin Joe Member

salviadragon's salvia is perfectly fine.

4. camarodvr

camarodvr Member

Hey guys im new to the salvia scene... Smoke weed alot and tripped shrooms once. (loved it) The thought of visiting other dimensions and connecting with yourself the way people have explained blows my mind. Im really interested in trying it out but have no idea as to how to get started. What to buy? How much to smoke? ect. I usually smoke weed out of a home made gravity (1/4 inch socket on bottle top of 2 litre in bucket of water) is that ok?? Ik everyone is diffrent but if you were to say... heres a guideline to trying it out your first time....what would you say?? Ik im a noob but im so intrigued by this I want to try it. Id greatly appreciate any input! (try to use laymans terms with me haha)

5. Wolfgg

Wolfgg Member

heya, glad to see im not the only one just getting started in the world of salvia, I am also looking for as much info as possible so maybe we can help eachother out

this link here http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html

covers alot of information, it goes into of what you need for each method of useing salvia, your current gravity bong may work, if your saying that you are able to cool the smoke appropriatly, most of the resources ive read say that salvia has to be lit at much higher tempetures to get the full effect thus the use of a torch lighter.

6. Mr. Oblivious

Mr. Oblivious Member

Hey yall, Here is a lil basic info for ya.

First of all , camaro, your gravity bong will do perfectly.

I would suggest buying something between 20x-35x for your first time, because the doses are easier to measure out then something like 80x (and to me, anything below 20x is just a waste of money)
    Put a screen in the bottom of your socket because it is gonna be really small.
    Load up about an 1/8 of a gram. (if you bought a gram, which is usally what they sell it by, seperate that gram into 4 even piles then halve each pile and you will have roughly 1/8th of a g)
    Take your lighter (preferably a torch) adn as the water is leaving the bong torch the bowl, keeping the flame on the salvia the entire time. when you have all the smoke you want, inhale. and HOLD for 30ish seconds (while holding, set your bong up for nother hit) if your not relling the effects by the time your done exhaling take another hit.
    After that, lay down ont the bed/ couch whatever, and enjoy your trip.
    Dont move arround too much either, you could hurt yourself.
    Be prepared for something intense. Cus belive me, you could reach a level that you never intended to reach (at that point in your experimentation) and it could freak you out completely.

7. Wolfgg

Wolfgg Member

im assuming your numbers are from non standarized extracts, because that seems really high especially for a first timer, from what I understand if its not standarized then when you go to seperate it the amount of extract in each of your piles can differ greatly, from what ive seen most people recommend standarized extracts since I think they are also supposed to be cleaner as well, heres what sagewisdom.org has to say on the subject.

Standardized Salvinorin A Enhanced Leaf. This material contains a specific concentration of pure salvinorin A deposited on a small quantity of leaf material. Unlike extract fortified leaf made with crude extract, this material is enhanced with pure salvinorin A. This product is ideal for smoking, because it minimizes the amount of ‘tars’ and carbon monoxide that would be inhaled. Daniel Siebert sells two strengths at his "Sage Wisdom Salvia Shop":
    1.) "Standard strength": This has been standardized to contain exactly 15 mg salvinorin A per gram of leaf. This is roughly six times the average natural leaf concentration. One gram is sufficient for 15 - 30 uses.
    2.) "Extra strength": This is standardized to contain exactly 1 mg salvinorin A per 25 mg of leaf (this is equivalent to 40 mg salvinorin A per gram of leaf). Because of its strength, it should only be used if the individual doses have been accurately weighed. Since most people do not have the ultra accurate analytical balances necessary to do this, Daniel Siebert only sells this in individually packaged, pre-weighed, 25 mg. units. This only produces a tiny wisp of smoke, so it is ideal for people who want to minimize smoke ingestion as much as possible. 25 mg. is sufficient for 1 - 2 uses for a person of average sensitivity.

end quote

8. Mr. Oblivious

Mr. Oblivious Member

Hmmmm, i usually just do 1/8th of a g like i said and get great effects, with the visuals that i want, When ii want to go deeper i take more but for me its usually about an eightth. but yea, It all differs

9. captainblack666

captainblack666 Member

whether using standardized or non standardized, 45X and higher are not necessary, some people just need a large amount of salvinorinA to have effects, but most, definitely not. for your first time, 10x or even 5x will work fine, and will not be a waste of money if you use it properly, ie torch lighter, holding flame to it to get it as hot as you can, holding the smoke for a long time,etc.

something i have noticed alot is that some people dont realize, that when you smoke it, exhaling too soon is the biggest waste, on large hit of 10x, held for as long as you can (at least 30 seconds) should have effects on most people, something like 20x, one large hit held long enough may be all you need to achieve a very intense experience. Overloading the pipe you are using is also a waste, i try to only put enough for one hit if its a higher extract enhanced leaf such as 30x or more, and then get it all burned and inhaled in one big hit.

quality is another issue. standardized and non standardized many times are just a word put on there as a sales pitch. sometimes you may buy "60x standardized salvia" and it will not be nearly as potent as it supposed to be, many unstandardized can be very potent, and easy to dose to desired effects. i have some 10x that is very potent, and one hit is all i need, and i get desired effects varying on how long the smoke is held, 10 seconds will give threshold, sometimes a bit over that effects. 20 seconds will be hitting an almost delirium or maybe even a dissociative like effect, and visuals distortions as well as some open eye visuals as well as vivid closed eye visuals, 30 seconds or more is getting onto stronger effects, if i desire to have a complete ego loss intense type of psychedelic experience with it, ill put just enough for two nice big hits in the pipe, try to angle the lighter just right to only burn one half of what i have put in without really burning up all of it, ill hold it for 20 seconds, exhale, and then quickly take the second hit and make sure i burn up all of the salvia as hot as i can and get the rest in that second hit, ill hold it as long as i can and then usually im completely in another reality before i count to 20

ive had 45x and 30x and others that havent seemed as potent, had multiple baggies of the SAME BRAND of 30x before, both "standardized" yet i have had trouble reaching desired effects with a smaller amount with one bag, then when i opened the other one gram bag, the first little bit i tried was REALLY potent, so the whole standardized being more accurate for dosing idea went out the window

so it all varies on quality, ive found one of the best quality sources was bouncingbearbotanicals, i have ordered numerous times now and still the same quality, same potency for different strengths that seem persistant, and good prices, some other online sources were good too, but price was higher

10. Queendivinorum

Queendivinorum Member

On friday night I used about 1/8 of a gram of salvia and had a very mild expereince, nothing major, no visuals etc...However several ours after smoking the herb, I got a terrible headache...I took a two tylenols and the headache subsided a bit...However yesterday I got up with the same headache, and chest pains which traveld down my left arm and so I decided to go to the emergency room because I being a health care practioner, am aware of the fact the these sympmtoms can be a sign of heart attack and or stroke...The doctor ordered a chest X-ray and blood work, all of which came back negative...However my blood pressure registered at 160/120 which was extremely high..While in the emergency room I was given a dose of lopressor and an aspirin...They also wanted to give me nitroglycerin, which I refused to take...

I have no history of high blood pressure, just a few months ago I had a employment physical and my blood pressure was 120/80 and it has been that way for as long as I can remember....I was not and or am not under any stress at the moment, nor have I been in the recent past...I do not eat meat, nor do I indulge sodium-salt..So the only other things that could have possibly caused this spike in my blood pressure is the Salvia Divinorum... I am absolutely sure that the spike in my B.P. was due to my intake of S.D....I signed out of the hospital yesterday aginst my doctors wishes, I did so because my blood pressure had stabiliezed and I felt good enough to return home...Today I am feeling much better, however every time a feel a little pain I get paranoid, thinking that I am about to have a heart attack...At my age I should not have been experimenting with this herb anyways...

The reason why I am posting this is to warn those of you who may have high blood pressure....Not enough is known about this herb, whether or not if there are any adverse effects and or long term effects. So anyone using this herb should tread cautiously...I still have a bit of the S.D. and that is going in the trash today....

Peace.

11. Friggin Joe

Friggin Joe Member

Well there are other ways to experiment with the herb.
    You're right in salvia increasing heart rate/pressure, however it does not increase your blood pressure for a prolonged period.

A high dosage of salvinorin, the amount to trip on, absolutely raises blood pressure.
    Some people, more likely women past their 20's also get headaches with raised blood pressure, even a high enough dosage of caffeine.
    I can chew a couple leafs for a couple minutes and get beneficial effects without that blood pressure hike that's associated.
    It helps my breathing (deviated septum and allergies) and gives me a much improved sense of well-being and physical health for a couple days after.

Salvia and raised blood pressure's pretty well known. Some people don't handle it well. Most younger people sweat mildly to profusely. Physical fitness is of equal importance to mental fitness if using something like that. Thanks for the report.

Hope you're well and healthy.
    This feedback should be appreciated. It's easy to dismiss the idea of long-term effects or short term ones because the Mazatecs been using it hundreds of years etc, but they were using it in ways that weren't even as effective as the modern quid method to get the salvinorin into the blood. Extracts are a vastly more potent and immediate means to the blood, the likes of which the Mazatecs have not been exposed to for hundreds of years.

Some do well with SD.
    You should probably give it away before trashing it.

12. Queendivinorum

Queendivinorum Member

Thanks for the feed back. Out of all of the research that I've done regarding S.D. I had not come across any materials which stated that S.D. increases ones blood pressure....That is very interesting....And as far the short term rise in B.P...That may not be such a bad thing in healthy individuals, however what about those individuals who have a pre-existing (H.P.) condition that they know nothing about. Salvia Divinorum would greatly increase the chances of them having a stroke and or a heart attack. I am not trying to knock this herb, because I do believe that Salvia Divinorum, some time in the near future, will be used to treat addictions and heal a host of physical illnesses...However for now, we being the novices that we are, must be very careful...

P.S. If you would like that S.D. I will forward it to you. I purchased it from B.B.B....That stuff is potent... How would I send it to you? I see you are living in Long Island...

13. Friggin Joe

Friggin Joe Member

Can't PM you yet, but if you'd like some Blue Lotus or Kratom in exchange or whatever else I have let me know via AIM. (frigginjoedammit).
    These aren't really "highs" but Lotus makes a heck of a relaxing sleep aid for me.

edit: great chat btw. I found it interesting how your views on things without salvia were similar to what I felt after using it. Stick around here regardless of whether or not you use it, you seem to be in touch with "salvia space" naturally.

14. c3pgnome

c3pgnome Member

Although it doesnt fall under any stores like walgreens or walmart lol. your best bet is to go to one of the local tobacco stores in your area or possibly a bodega or pipe store. where i live we have two that sell 10x 15x 25x and 40x. since its not illegal because in drug tests it shows a cinnamon.(the funny thing is salvia scares me more than marijuanna. how do you like that) although not in plant form they sell them in a grinded down powder which is said to hit the juice at the source. its much more potent than leaves. as it was said earlier though i didnt know that you could chew on the leaves of a salvia divorum leaves for a few minutes and then take a hit. i must try this.

15. ZeroxBleach

ZeroxBleach Member

Anyone else just get really really really fucking pissed off at your friends on the shit, when they don't even say anything offensive to you?

First time I did it that's what happened. It was pretty uncomfortable.

Of course the next few times I kept getting pulled into a parellel universe -- lol 120x

16. jtregoat

jtregoat Member

hey im new to salvia and this forum, so..yeah
    im having some problems with it?
    i tried to pack a little in a bowl, but it always falls down into the little hole and i can never light it because its in such small pieces (i bought purple sticky salvia brand).
    so i tried sprinking it ontop of some tobacco, and unfiltered tobacco just kills. or maybe its the salvia too, but when i tried to smoke it from the bowl, the smoke was just too strong.. i coughed it out after like 2 seconds
    on the the purple sticky salvia site, it says its meant to be used as an incence, but they dont sell it in the stores like that.
    it is 20x, and when i tried to smoke it, i got a little woozy but obviously i didnt hold it in long enough
    is there anyway you put it in the bowl without it falling into the hole? i live in new york city, so i can just go to headshops to buy.
    my question is
    is there any easier way to smoke it with out the smoke just killing, but with a bowl?

17. Stephæ

Stephæ Member

get a bat, if u can't do that, put about a pinky tip size amount on top of tea or weed or something, burn it for 4 seconds inhale it all hold!

18. SleepyGreen

SleepyGreen Member

Do you need a torch lighter?
    I'm sure it works better, but i just want the effects and the salvia not to go to waste.

If you put the salvia in foil will the torch lighter be to strong or should i be fine?

19. beez

beez Guest

i've been lurking here for a while but registered because of your comment. i got really really really fucking pissed at two of my friends because one was handing something to the other and even though my eyes were closed i sensed a "bridge" (their arms) in front of me and it bothered me to no end. anyway, i've got some 20x ordered, hopefully it'll get here sometime soon. i had two salvia experiences about a year ago. very interesting, not as enlightening as shrooms but still interesting nonetheless. i think i'm about ready again, i've got a much better state of mind right now than i did last year.

20. Brudof

Brudof Member

Just ordered 1g of 20x, and me and 3 friends are trying it for the first time. Will 20x be too much or should we be fine?