More first timer Q's

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Shroomp, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Biida

Biida Member

This quote is what kept my head on straight during my first trip a couple of nights ago. I really, really enjoyed it... Although I was careful to only use a small amount of the 10x bag I picked up. :) Thank you for the advice.

2. dacre4

dacre4 Member

yeah i agree also because i am always looking forward to my salvia trips, and mabey thats the reason i have never have had a bad trip. But confusing and bad are two different things so i do get confused.

3. doom876

doom876 Member

May have been asked, but what is the best method for open eye visuals. I didn't get that from inhailing a bowl of 10x standerdized. Is there a better method or level for achiving OEVs? Also, I was told by someone else that when one says "hallucionations"they don't mean really seeing things:entities, visions, etc. As salvia is the strongest thing I tryed, and didn't accomplish that, I'de like to know if visuals are all they are cracked up to be as an experiance, and helpful on a spiritual journey.

One last thing...I believed and prepared myself the second time for a good journey, it was still rather scary.First, my teeth dissapeared, it was like they were a ringing sound rather then there; it hurt my ears to clench them! To much pot has made my mouth feel like all gums, I have these wierd dissapearing effects with hands and feet too. bAnyway, then it was like I forgot something, where I was, who I was, I thought I wasn't where I should be. I kicked my blanket and told it "get off me". Like it could hear me. I knew it couldn't though. Then I came back after a few, naucious and hungry. I'm a bit scared to try it again after all of that. I dunno what to ask, I just need some direction.
    Worst part was setting the pipe down and breathing out. Almost couldn't do it before the effects kicked in.

4. sublime94

sublime94 Banned

Is 13 too young to try a small dose?

5. doom876

doom876 Member

Don't judge yourself by your age man. It wont hurt you if you do it and are not ready. If you wanna try it then you should.

6. donteatashoe

donteatashoe Member

now im not new to drugs, i have been smoking marijuana for about 6 years and have done lsd, shrooms, and of course drank. i did salvia twice before and felt barely anything each time it was kind of like being baked but not, my body feels sensitive and my perception of depth is off. but no amazing visuals, im on it right now as we speak i just smoked it and no nothing just weird perception of depth, strange i wish i knew what it was like. the first time i did it my girlfriend did too and she was having a blast. any suggestions?

7. Shamanic Steve

Shamanic Steve Member

Have a higher extract I recommend 25x. And salvia is nothing like being baked. Its a whole new level of perception you will understand once youve been there.

8. talkwithyoureyes

talkwithyoureyes Member

13 is DEFINITELY too young to try Salvia. 13 is too young to try anything besides pot or alcohol, if that. Jesus Christ people.

Your about to hit the biggest growth spurt of your life, and it could screw up the way your brain is growing.

After another 4 or 5 years you'll have a better head on your shoulders for strong drugs, but even then I'd wade in VERY cautiously.

It use to really piss me off when people said stuff like this to me when I was 13-14, but looking back now I can easily see how badly that could've screwed me up.

Most people that do strong drugs at a young age end up going down some horrendously horrible path. About half my friends igrowing up would make a good example. There are some exceptions, but don't be vain enough to assume your one of them. The people that do stuff like that young and turn out ok, it is usually pure luck.

9. Crzystone420

Crzystone420 Member

Dude my friend just took ONE hit lol....she fell of her bed,started screaming,and grabbed me and almost had a panic attack.

10. ghghghgh.jhjhjhjh

ghghghgh.jhjhjhjh Member

How much does a salvia divinorum plant cost and if I were to purchase one, what would i need to do to get it "somkeable"? What I mean is, what do I have to do to the leaves to get it ready to be smoked?

11. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Keep in mind if you're getting a Salvia plant you're getting it more to bond with the spirit of the plant in preparation for the trip(s). They won't produce a lot at a given time. Only take a few leaves at a time so it can continue to grow. They're usually like 30-40. I saw some on IAS awhile back but I don't know if they sell live Salvia plants anymore. They aren't too hard to find if you google it.

I'd assume you just let the leaves dry out over a few days and they're ready to be smoked. There isn't a curing process like marijuana.

12. Mr. Oblivious

Mr. Oblivious Member

IDK how to get it ready to smoke, but i've found several places that have them fer 28$ so its not that expensive. also if you plant it outside, you will eventually get baby plants because leaves will topple over and start growing another plant.

13. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

DO NOT plant it outside unless you live in a highly tropical, humid environment. They're damn sensitive and extremely picky. That's why they pretty much don't exist anymore in the wild.

14. Friggin Joe

Friggin Joe Member

Grow it near a window, and if you don't want to build a humidity tent, just spray it with water frequently.
    They'll survive easy, but to thrive they need the humidity or frequent misting.

15. LunaUndone

LunaUndone Member

the place I work sells salvia (until some stupid law criminalizing it is passed) the standardized extracts outsell the non-standardized. I have only done it once. 10X, standardized one big hit through my waterpipe and space and time collapsed. The whole gram lasted the three of us and then went on to be passed out to four other friends, so split the cost...our 10X is about $35 a gram, split five ways it's seven bucks a trip and you'll have some left over still.

16. nancy22

nancy22 Banned

Dear Shroomp!
    About standardized, and non-standardized extracts: Standardized Salvia divinorum extracts with a guaranteed 25 mgs of Salvinorun A per gram of leaf in the 10x and 12.5 mgs Salvinorun A per gram in the Standardized 5x extract. non-standardized extracts have been twice extracted to insure a consistently high level of quality. - i found this on www.herbalfire.com. There is also 15x, and 20x extacts and live plants!

17. Edd.tokes.to.much.

Edd.tokes.to.much. Member

i bought some 20x slavia today (im not sure weather its standerdized or not or even what that means) i smoke about 8 good 30second hits and felt high but no trippin. is it just sub quality or what? by the way it was my first time and the extract was bought from camdem lock if that helps.

18. Wolfgg

Wolfgg Member

hey guys, great to be apart of the community, spent last few days searching out info on salvia, I didnt even know it existed untill I read a news story about the dangers of it, now main stream press operates as a vehicle for the very thing it claims to protect children from, even going as far in this one article of giving me a site to order from.

so heres where I am

I placed my first order at

http://salviadragon.com/buysalvia.htm

I got the one at the bottom before I realised it was just the standard leaf without any extract reference I havent received it yet, but reestablished with more information I set out back on the internet to find more information then I learned what the different extracts ment and this thread here helped so much, you guys put alot of info I read scattered across other sites into one source, im still waiting on my salvia dragon order but ive placed another one at shop.grasscity.com I realised I needed sometype of pipe to smoke it and since everyone said water pipe in most threads I picked this one here, i hope someone experienced will look at it and comment on the choice and how effective it will be for salvia purposes.

http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/9001s.html?id=Bucfpzzz

I knew I would also need to get some proper salvia so thats when I got

http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/hdsd3.html?id=Bucfpzzz

I think ive about got everything I need, for one exception... its not gonna be possible for me to have a sitter arrangements just have to be careful, im going to tread softly im pretty sure I understand the possibilities and im going to make sure that the room I begin in is safe and such.

for a newbie such as myself how many "trips" can you expect from 1 gram of salvia 5x, and how do I measure it? it is a standarized extract but how do I seperate it, by teaspoon or what?

19. Edd.tokes.to.much.

Edd.tokes.to.much. Member

my 20x Salvia is standerdised and i tried it again this morning with a bit of weed smoked a good two bowls out of a can pipe with a normal ciggarete lighter and felt really heavy and almost unable to walk but to trippin. do i need a hotter lighter? if i took a normal cheap plastic lighter and turned it up so i have a good 4inch flame would that work? ive had a problem with getting the hot smoke down and have previously tried to make a water pipe but that didnt work well, any advice on making a quick reliable waterpipe for salvia? thanks for any answeres i think ill try my luck again tommorow with the help of a few answeres hopefully.

20. Friggin Joe

Friggin Joe Member

Don't put weed in there. Don't add to the surface area of the salvia leaves and dilute the salvia portion of the smoke with anything. You want all the leaves burned very hot and you want all that smoke to be salvia.

Torch lighter and bong to cool the hotter than hell smoke.
    You'll hear it a million times and it's the best way to make sure you're getting the most out of it.