More evidence of institutional racism in American Police !!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Oct 14, 2019.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

And you won't answer simple questions. Was this shooting racially motivated or not? What evidence do you have that it was? And if it wasn't should the ex-cop be given a lighter sentence? I think the motherfucker should go to prison regardless and serve hard time. The skin color of the people involved, however, seems to make a difference to you.

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

And a cop shooting someone of a different race doesn't automatically make him a racist. In this particular case it makes him incompetent and a criminal, imo.

Running Horse likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No it doesnt
    But I've heard enough black people speak up about police brutality in the black community, and also speak up about white people who dont listen to them and dont believe it's happening, that I know you cant rule out race as a motivating factor.
    And by motivating factor, it doesnt mean the cop went into it thinking they would deliberately kill a black person.
    Unconscious bias is a very real thing

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Ultimately it does not matter what race the person was it's police brutality. I never said it did matter only that it could. You working so hard to excuse race is more concerning that me noticing it. It's thinking like that that makes it hard for black people. Every time something happens that could be racial white men get upset and claim they don't see color and racism is over. It's like you take it personal. I'm not racist how dare you! Never said you were. You seem to take a strange team identity on your race.

It's a crime the officer needs to be accountable for.

COULD it have been racially motivated? A good lawyer will examine that. It's not wise to exclude it on the grounds it might upset some white guy's view of a post racial society.

5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I nowhere exclude the possibility. You excluded the possibility that it may not have been racially motivated. And then we'd right back to where we agree: the ex-officer should be prosecuted for murder.

6. unfocusedanakin

No

Look at the thread title. I went with that line of discussion. Team identity as I said.

The default can't be I don't see color. The default is using the data as it stands to make educated guesses. Based on the data if I had to bet yes there is racial reasons for the attack. Odds of over 51% that it is.

Ask yourself why a crime you have nothing to do with has such important racial factors for you. Why is so important it's "not racist" to you?

It's important to me since I go with the odds and care for all people.

7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Not important at all to me. A person is dead...that is enough.

8. unfocusedanakin

OK good but your posts imply otherwise.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The Fort Worth, Texas, police officer who fatally shot a woman while she was babysitting her nephew over the weekend has been charged with murder.

Aaron Dean was booked into the Tarrant County Correction Center and later released on $200,000 bond, according to jail officials.

Fort Worth Police Sgt. Chris Daniels acknowledged the outrage that the killing of Atatiana Jefferson, 28, had sparked.

Mugshot of Alleged Hit-Man, former Fort Worth Police Officer Aaron Dean ......................
    (and ardent Trump Supporter, but it hasn't been substantiated)
    [​IMG]

10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I wonder what he did before becoming a cop.

11. lode

lode Banned

What are you talking about?

He already stepped down and is being charged. He had a body cam and didn't identify himself as a cop before he shot a woman who was just hanging out in her own house.

12. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

See above
    As I've clearly stated hoss I'm arguin' against the overwhelming bias that this here was a racially motivated act. Also more recently against the presented bias that all cops can be profiled based on the actions and or motivations of other cops.

13. lode

lode Banned

That's fair enough. There's not much evidence that this specific incedent was about race. Just a good old fashioned murder.

It's no secret that in aggregate the police in the US have a problem with race.

This happened just a week after a Dallas cop was sentenced for murder after she walked into a strangers house, thought it was hers for some reason, and shot the guy who was also just hanging out at home.

Also black. Maybe coincidental, but a lot of coincidences suggest a pattern.

Meliai likes this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Been on the job 18 months, so he was only a rookie

I could never be a cop, especially somewhere like Texas were everybody has a gun, I would be so jumpy

Running Horse likes this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Maybe he was angry at LeBron for sucking up to China

16. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members