Morbid Question About the Morgue.

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Jimbee68, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I do sometimes have these morbid questions, about death. And I think they are healthy. I mean I have never got the urge to rob a grave or anything. Not yet, at least.

Anyways, what happens to all the living organisms that take a ride on a dead body before they take it in for an autopsy?

I mean, you have to consider, all the maggots, and worms and cockroaches that would be on a dead body. And maybe even bigger stuff, like rats or mice even:screamcat: (you can see why I put this in Mind Trips). Do they ever run loose in the morgue? And do they have a method of catching them then?

Please don't criticize my thread though. I mean, if not me, then who would ultimately ask this question? No one has after all to-date, at least that I am aware of.

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Mortuaries are scrupulously clean !!! - Dead bodies are stored in refrigerated compartments, so there is no possibility of maggots or rats and mice getting to them.

Piobaire, themnax and soulcompromise like this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

For some otherworldly reason I have a profound respect for those who have passed. I think it's very sacred.
    As such, I would certainly hope that mortuaries, cemeteries, morgues, etc. have it under wraps.

I used to work for a non-profit agency that ran a shelter and half-way houses and things. They had an ongoing contract for pest control. I always saw the bill for it. It wasn't something that could be easily controlled, but you have to take care to eliminate like cockroaches or maybe mice, and bedbugs. It's a nice feature if it works. I don't know how well pest control actually mitigates the problem though because it was certainly a recurring bill; at least at that company it was.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

5. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Errrrmm - what does this have to do with morgues ???

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Bodies that have severe decomposition are stored or treated with alcohol or formaldehyde. Most mortuaries use alcohol when extensive investigation is required, due to the fact that formaldehyde is a gas (dissolved in water) and it therefore releases highly toxic fumes that require the staff to wear air fed respirators.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You apparently didn't watch the video...

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

consumers of carion are nature's recyclers. the whole idea of burrying the dead, besides keeping carion vors from causing illness among the living, was to nourish the vegitation, that would then provide meals for the living. somehow this got entirely forgotten with putting human remains in forever boxes. of course in way back time, the body was more closely associated with the spirit, so i suppose the pyramids can be forgiven.

(and mice are nice when they don't have lice.)