mood swings

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Feb 15, 2009.

1. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

well, i suppose there are worse things than falling asleep during meditation. at least you're getting really relaxed and getting some good rest, right?

2. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

LOL ok.Why dont u just try sthg then...?;)

Seriously , its about learning life skills.Mine have been horrifically bad in some ways.But what I think I've learnt gives me a benefit now..

What have u got to lose?

3. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I was on lithium carbonate for YEARS throughout my childhood. Maybe I should go back on it.. made me sleep so well too.. that's another problem I have. I can't sleep. In Europe you need a prescription for that though! Do you here in the US?

4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

that's true.

5. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

wait - no - it wasn't lithium carbonate I was on, sorry. that's for bi-polar disorder! I'm not bi-polar. it was CALCIUM carbonate I was put on. sorry.

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think so,but there are people other than regular docs that can presribe.Nurse pratitioner,for example.

7. IamnotaMan

OK I've seen people try the pharma approach.And the exercise , nutrition , positive people/purposes approach.

Maybe pharma is ok for a quick short term treatment for an acute need.But I've seen people get dragged into a whole life of depency on that.

Whereas , those on the other route were able to dump the meds and never look back.

8. scratcho

Was that for a dietary imbalance or something else?

9. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

the calcium carbonate was for anxiety, freak-outs, and sleep problems.

10. scratcho

Mr man--I agree with you about diet,excercise and positivity,but somehow it just doesn't work for some people.It's a wonder more things don't go wrong with babies considering how interconnected and complicated the human body is.I guess I take the position that a little bad wiring in the brain is not much differant than a little bad wiring in the pancreas.

11. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

no, i was just saying "let go"

12. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i can't see where that's listed in it's usage. maybe it was another carbonate?

13. scratcho

Therefore various brain chemicals(and I'm not familiar with many, as I never have taken any)to maintain some "normalcy"is not much differant than insulin to retain normalcy in that way.Only the stigma is differant.My 2C.

14. zilla939

sure, but people are misdiagnosed all the time. drugs aren't going to solve everything. therapists who don't prescribe you drugs are the way to go. that and diet, exercise, creative outlets... meditation, philosophy, spirituality... a healthy combo of those things were what pulled me out of a state not unlike laety's. i was losing it completely - manic anorexic kleptomaniac at some points, extremely depressed almost to the point of being suicidal at others. it was when i STOPPED taking prescription drugs and began treating my body mind and soul kindly that i began to change...

15. scratcho

Oh,that's good Zilla.Sounds like you had it pretty serious there for a while.I hope she takes your advice as it sounds like the ticket.

16. IamnotaMan

Hmm yeah I agree with what youre saying in that theres a time and a place for everything.

I've seen people who wanted to kill emselves and a powerful pharma that doped them up was the best short term treatment.
    But their lives were so shit , it was hardly surprising they felt suicidal.

If they learn life skills , exercise etc - much as Zilla says , their lives become valued by them again.
    Better that , than leaving em to be permanently in a drug induced trance.

I think we live in a bizarre world , where pharma cos want to argue their extreme stance at all costs.Its all about a variety of treatments IMO..

17. zilla939

it worked for me and seems to make sense in theory :p but everyone wants a quick fix nowadays. a drug instead of taking care of yourself to lose weight. a drug instead of taking care of yourself to be happy. durrr...

18. zilla939

yeah! you gotta treat the problem, not the symptoms. you can relieve the symptoms, but ultimately they are indicative of a larger problem, so it's best to tough them out and learn from them, as hard as it is sometimes.

cocaine is addictive, and it is abhorred. prozac is addictive, and it is worshiped. gotta keep the masses under control. shut the fuck up and do your job!

19. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

I do the same thing though really, it can happen in a instant, that's what makes it pretty cool though, because it switches so often that I just have to wait for the next energy or movement to come along and I swing back.

20. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I couldn't find it in any US supplements either.. weird.. this is the thing I used to take for years:

CALCIBRONAT

Molécule(s) Bromo-galactogluconate de calcium

Classe thérapeutique Hypnotique sédatif

Laboratoire(s) Granions

Indications CALCIBRONAT est utilisé pour traiter la nervosité, les troubles légers du sommeil et les états d'agitation.

I have no idea what that would be in English.. the stuff in it.. calcium bromo-galactogluconate?? But it says it's a hypnothetic sedative used for nervousness, trouble sleeping and agitation.

No prescription required. I was put on that from age 6 to 15, on and off.. for 6 months at a time..