mood swings

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I suffer from extreme mood swings. And like - I'm not bipolar because - I go from euphoric to ultra-depressed within a few minutes sometimes and it's not like I get maniac for weeks and suicidal for months or anything like that - but during the day I can go from a mood to another within just minutes and I'm not really sure what triggers those changes sometimes, but it's really bad and makes people around me wanna run away. I don't know what to do. Everyone tells me to go on meds. I feel insane.

2. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I'm really really angry right now. :) I could do stupid things, but I haven't so far.

3. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

pregnant???

4. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

just learn to flow with it penny...remember that it too will pass and the less you feed into the negativity the less it will affect you...

I honestly don't believe in mental illness, it's all spiritual and when negativity or unpleasant feelings try to consume you it's your spirit telling you that something needs to be dealt with or fixed....

i'm crazy too though so what the fuck do i know?

5. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Im in a foul fucking mood

6. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i think it's pretty obvious i do the same thing. i think it's just hormones, fatigue, frustration and all the other things people experience regularly.

7. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Look at the bright side: you're prime material for American perfume commercials, like the Charlie perfume.

Charlie is Happy!
    Charlie is sad.
    Charlie is outgoing!
    Charlie is shy.
    Charlie is aggressive!
    Charlie is submissive.

Charlie. The perfume for people with mood swings and multiple personalities.

8. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

I couldn't agree more with this part:)

Though I do think that sometimes people do need a bit of help through medication but only if they are going to work on other portions of their personality and spirituality in conjunction. So sometimes its a cocktail of solutions to be found.

And don't worry about the mood swings. You are a woman. We are emotional, dynamic beings who swing from one mood to the next. And don't piss us off;)

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Me, I'm always happy and cheerful.

10. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

11. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Maybe you have a lot on your mind and things to worry about.

12. neim

neim Member

teenage depression is pretty common... deal with it.

13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

She's 24....

14. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Oh for shit's sake, you're a human who has emotions. EVERYBODY DOES. Get over it. Life aint always a peach.

15. neim

neim Member

depression is pretty common... deal with it.

16. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Thanks for the opinions on this guys.. like I don't know how to feel and what to do - if there's anything to do - about this.. if I'm normal or if I have a problem.. I mean I don't just wanna go on meds and suppress my emotions like that. Maybe they won't.. but.. it seems a bit extreme still that I'd go on anti-depressants for feeling hormonal which probably is what it is.. I've been getting on and off the pill in the past few months.. probably what's up.. but the other night my boyfriend told me I could go from the sweetest girl in the world and really happy to this MONSTER who was ultra-negative in a finger snap.. and that it was scary. So I don't know. I mean I am not a robot. I think I may be a bit unbalanced.. and maybe I have a hard time controlling my emotions is what it is.. like.. experiencing them is one thing but letting them take over is not, but I don't know if I need to put chemicals in my brain for that. I wonder if maybe people should just learn to understand me better. Maybe they need to adapt to who I am instead of me adapting to who they are? Is that selfish? Of course I'd work on trying to control my emotions a bit.. but.. I don't wanna suppress them.

17. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

There is a huge gap between being a robot and being how you are. Most people fall into that gap. If you expect people to adapt to your personality, you'll probably be let down. People have their own shit to deal with and unless you're 11 years old you can't expect people to cater to you.
    You need to stop trying to control things that you can't control.

18. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

All you really need is to learn some self-control and to learn to understand your mind better, listen to what it's really saying, and react accordingly.

19. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

you're both right I guess.. I just don't know if I need to go as far as going on anti-depressants for that..

and I mean - I have improved a lot over the years.. so I suppose this is all a part of growing. maybe in a couple years from now I'll be even better!

I *would* appreciate a little more understanding sometimes though. Sometimes it seems people just want me to be how they want me to be, and they can't have issues of course.. I understand that I need some self-control, I understand that I can confuse people switching from one mood to another so randomly and quickly sometimes.. but they could give me a break. I do not live an easy life.

20. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i'm on meds and i don't think anyone here could claim for an instant that i suppress much at all. just food for thought. i think i screwed up my brain so much with my brief stint with nasty nasty drugs that the only way for me to function the way i used to is on a low dosage of lexapro. i'm still moody, but i'm not a zombie, either.