Monsanto promises pain to EU assault underway

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Lindsay Elizabeth, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Lindsay Elizabeth

Lindsay Elizabeth Member

I wonder what Jack Kerouac would have said?
    I guess he would have said something metaphorical and than ate his shoes.

2. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

the Agricultural trade policies of the USA are closely tied to Red State Agricultural Ogiliolipies.

This is an over-represented interest group that flexes its muscle every four years in the early Iowa presidential primary.

The very best thing that we could do for the nations of Africa would be to open up markets for the import of African goods, meaning agricultural food products.

3. cinnamond

cinnamond Member

The ethnic cleansing of the American Indian, gas guzzling high polluting cars, nuclear fallout in Japan, landmine legacies in 15 countries they bombed years ago, worldwide tooth rotting drinks and gut busting fatso fast foods, now the final nail in the earth's coffin. Money spinning polluting GM shit.
    Jesus help us.

4. Lacabj

Lacabj Member

I just simply hate it!!

5. ThisIsWhyYoureWrong

ThisIsWhyYoureWrong Member

This is what happens when companies are able to lobby for special privileges using government. Bloated oligopolies like Monsanto would never have been able to form without the aid of the government to restrict entry, and limit competition of the food industry. It's the government's fault. We should all hate the government. Monsanto is just doing whats in it's best interest. Any one of us would do the same thing if we were making decisions for Monsanto.

http://www.libertariantee.com

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ummmm.... No, I have a conscience.

7. ThisIsWhyYoureWrong

If it wasn't Monsanto, it would have been one of its competitors. So, you.. The business owner with a "conscience", would be out of business. The problem has nothing to do with the private sector, it's the government power available for companies to wield.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Fine... I would still be able to live with myself.

If I ran Monsanto, or one of it's competitors, the way they are run now I wouldn't have that option...

9. Dangjames

Dangjames Guest

10. 1r0n_0x1d3

1r0n_0x1d3 Member

Stop Monsanto it is one of the most evil companies.
    [​IMG]

11. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have to agree with Tysonswood on this one and I see no difference between Monsanto and any other pirate.

12. ThisIsWhyYoureWrong

Shrink the size of government ;D

13. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In my opinion the ruling powers of Monsanto are earning themselves starring roles in a Nuremberg type trial....

14. Still Kicking

Still Kicking Members

You know, there is a good way to stop these huge companies and that is to stop using their products. Sure, it will probably mean paying higher prices, but in the case of food at least, the higher cost will mean higher health benefits since your bodies won't be being poisoned every time you put something in it. We buy virtually everything food wise either locally grown, or grow it ourselves, and we work diligently towards being as close to growing everything ourselves to the best of our abilities.
    We religiously look at labels, look up who is making what, where it comes from, that sort of thing.
    We try to make it ourselves first, then go looking to buy it next, if we have to.
    The only way to change things is to hit the pocket books, take away their money and they have no more power.

As an aside, I think intentional communities are a great way to fight back. People helping each other is the way to go.