Monopoly and its tyranny.

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by jmt, Jun 21, 2012.

1. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

I really dont like monopoly (not the game).

I recently had my cable disconnected and I had it reconnected. Well come to find out that they charged me a late fee plus a reconnection fee which is totally unfair. Why? Because the cable company Comcast is the only cable company in Florida that services South Florida so you have no choice but to choose that company. Surely I can switch to satellite but that shit sucks under a rain storm. So am forced to Comcast. Now I have a understanding of how their company fixes and works it services. Back in the day Comcast had to pay a tech, gas and material expences to disconnect your cable had you failed to pay your bill plus it took a longer time to go out and disconnect you so you got free cable for a small window costing Comcast money.

But now to our much more advance technology Comcast can now remotely disconnect your service and no longer has to pay for materials and tech hourly wages to go out physically to remove your services equally giving heavy economic savings for the company. Obviously there will be other technical issues to have physical tech support but that alone saves them a large money amount.

So the idea of charging a reconnecting fee is a bit ludacris. Since some guy two counties over is remotely disconnecting you.

Another example how monopoly sucks is how companies can exploid you like how Ticketmaster does. It charges fees after fees after fees after you purchased a txt at its promoting price with out the the extra fees. I can recall Pearl Jam actually fightin this monopoly back in the 90s.

So the point that am getting at is that monopoly is a dangerous practice that can expliot people.

2. mobster

mobster Guest

Hello, I am new to this site and this shall be my first posting.

I agree, as do many others, that monopolies, not only cable monopolies, but all business monopolies are destroying our great country and until our "great" government officials(who are mostly own or are part of the monopolies)do something about it we're going to have quite a few more serious problems on our hands besides economic.

As to your comment about satellite TV; I have cable myself [$115/month for 3 TVs basic cable 70 channels, Internet with rented modem, and HBO/Cinemax, but let me get to the point here, I have a close friend with satellite TV for 3 Tvs, around 500 channels, for around $70/month and the picture is just as good if not better than cable, AND also I've only seen it go out once during a 24 hour storm 4 years ago and never since, no trouble during bad weather. All you need is a clear space facing SOUTH of your home and you should never have any problems with it. I believe the provider is Dish-Network or Dish. I strongly suggest you switch, the inly reason I cannot switch is because I don't have any other choice for internet besides dial-up[and I'll never pay for that again since now I get 30mps from cable].

I hope I was of some help and was not too much off-topic.

Mobster, Louisiana