Money.

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by the_dude, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

http://www.innerexplorations.com/simpletext/simple.htm example http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sustainable+living

Big corporate businesses monoplize you and create your world around things you can buy to make your life easier and runs your life with their advertising and selling you products that are unhealthy for you. When you live in a sustainable way you create your own things yourself and grow yoru own food to eat so you are sure of where it came from and that it is healthy and unprocessed. You don't have to "work for the man" your whol elife. Your work is to keep your home going and grow your food. Basic survival. And then you can work from your home~make money for yourself and not some big corporate joe at the top. That sounds good to me. To be my own boss. Not sit on an office my whole life or live in a huge city or suburbia ( where I am now). Im convinced that sustainable living is the way to live. You Dont have to rely on the government. You can power your car with renewable energy too. It's everywhere and we dont ulilize it because were too lazy to try to understand it.

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Yeah but on a large scale, such as hundreds of thousands of people, it ain't going to be happening

3. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

do not think like that!

4. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

thats very smart!

5. gonjbob

gonjbob Member

so technology is evil

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

No. Where did you get that from? I am defending money.
    Now that you brought it up technology can't be evil ony it's uses. Money can't be evil only it's uses

7. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

good point!

8. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

yes and its up to us as indeviduals to use it wisely.

9. Abyle

Abyle Member

A fourteen year old boy is telling me I'm not ready for something concerning finances and reality? Hm...

:confused:

*Thinking...*

:confused:
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

10. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

yeah. i guess im to young to think reasonably:rolleyes:

11. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

That's a reasonable way to think, as long as you aren't sarcastic.

12. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

im sorry....

i was being sarcastic.
    i guess i realy am to young to think reasonably!:eek:

13. kinsei

kinsei Member

The problem is not with money itself. The problem is with the charging of interest (a founding principle of growth economies and capitalism).

Money itself is just an abstraction of product value, not separate from bartering since it's just something that you can barter at a slightly higher amount of granularity than, say, a shirt. If you have a fixed amount of something that you consider "money", then that money is just as useful for bartering as anything else, as long as everyone in the system understands the abstraction as being significant.

Most things that go wrong with money stem from the charging of interest. Interest requires constant growth in the money supply (it's creating new money in the overall system as it's compounded), and hence constant growth in the product supply and supporting energy supply to balance things out.

If you want to live sustainably without needing constant growth, you can have money, but you cannot have interest. Capitalism may be unsustainable, but money itself is fine, in fixed supply.

14. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

i guess im just unmaterialistic of me...